New beta version of Bet Angel v1.55.0 - now on general release

jimibt

jamesg46 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:14 am
jimibt wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:26 am
jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:48 pm

+1 and in theory with this update VWAP surely will get more recognition and understanding on a wider scale so it should in time become more efficient.
it'll be a shame if it does as the loose tracking is what makes it attractive (at present)
I took a years worth of data and ran SP vs VWAP and over that period SP & VWAP run identically, its already very efficient imo. Like in the charts above though there is definitely flex between the two & I don't think we will ever lose that as long as there is opinion.

There is times where the SP doesn't reflect VWAP & I was thinking last night that I should run some automation to lay at SP if x % away from VWAP, taking advantage of that late backing surge. No idea if it will prove long term value but I'd imagine it should.
this is exactly how i view and use VWAP... as an indicator to show short term variance (that then catches up). finding the sweet spot is of course the difficult part (on PRE) as it only needs a crisp bag to flaot by and make the selection jump -bang goes the theoretical variance!!

that said, therin lies another opportunity if all those signals are being harvested ;)
jamesg46

jimibt wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:53 am
jamesg46 wrote:
jimibt wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:26 am

it'll be a shame if it does as the loose tracking is what makes it attractive (at present)
I took a years worth of data and ran SP vs VWAP and over that period SP & VWAP run identically, its already very efficient imo. Like in the charts above though there is definitely flex between the two & I don't think we will ever lose that as long as there is opinion.

There is times where the SP doesn't reflect VWAP & I was thinking last night that I should run some automation to lay at SP if x % away from VWAP, taking advantage of that late backing surge. No idea if it will prove long term value but I'd imagine it should.
this is exactly how i view and use VWAP... as an indicator to show short term variance (that then catches up). finding the sweet spot is of course the difficult part (on PRE) as it only needs a crisp bag to flaot by and make the selection jump -bang goes the theoretical variance!!

that said, therin lies another opportunity if all those signals are being harvested ;)
I was trading a Mdn race at Ripon the other day, I think it was 6f, maybe 5 im not certain but the trade I took, the selection was miles away from the VWAP so I took my position and it just never reversed, I got hammered and so did the back side of that runner. My mistake was I'd forgot that the stall numbers are the opposite way around and this Mdn had the stand side rail. Its not a perfect indicator, crisp bags floating by or stall numbers can screw it up short term but i think long term its solid.
decomez6

jamesg46 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:17 pm
jimibt wrote:
jamesg46 wrote:

I was trading a Mdn race at Ripon the other day, I think it was 6f, maybe 5 im not certain but the trade I took, the selection was miles away from the VWAP so I took my position and it just never reversed, I got hammered and so did the back side of that runner. My mistake was I'd forgot that the stall numbers are the opposite way around and this Mdn had the stand side rail. Its not a perfect indicator, crisp bags floating by or stall numbers can screw it up short term but i think long term its solid.
I think the vwap offers a better exit point and the ATR ( average true range ) a better entry point . This way you are playing within a safe volatility zone. Normally the ATR is used to calculate the distance your stop losses should be placed at from your entry point.
I tend to use vwap as support in a bear market and as resistance in a bull market.
In theory SP is supposed to offer the most fair price, a mid point where the buyers and sellers are in equal agreement. The vwap has a time component and therefore it is slower to react and it’s less volatile especially is immature markets. Sp is useful to guarantee a match at the off But not as a twin mirror to the vwap. The differences are rarely tradable... from my observation they break even in the long run.
jamesg46

decomez6 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:14 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
jimibt wrote:

I think the vwap offers a better exit point and the ATR ( average true range ) a better entry point . This way you are playing within a safe volatility zone. Normally the ATR is used to calculate the distance your stop losses should be placed at from your entry point.
I tend to use vwap as support in a bear market and as resistance in a bull market.
In theory SP is supposed to offer the most fair price, a mid point where the buyers and sellers are in equal agreement. The vwap has a time component and therefore it is slower to react and it’s less volatile especially is immature markets. Sp is useful to guarantee a match at the off But not as a twin mirror to the vwap. The differences are rarely tradable... from my observation they break even in the long run.
The atr is what I'm looking to trade but the difference between the sp and vwap at an extreme would possibly have value as an outright lay to a fixed liability, what that extreme is, im not so sure.

Alot of data to look into and finally its easier for me to get it.
jimibt

decomez6 wrote:
jamesg46 wrote:
jimibt wrote:

how have you been calulating ATR given that there is no previous close?? i.e. these markets are true expiry, a bit like options. for sure you can take an average of each high and low traded price and plot that over time. interested to hear your take on this as it could also be fairly interesting.
Vovsen

I cant get these text comparisons to trigger my signal:

TextCompare.PNG
Anyone know what might be the issue?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Vovsen wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:40 pm

TextCompare.PNG

Put each on a single line, that acts as the OR command, ie,
English Premier League
Spanish La Liga
German Bundesliga
etc etc
decomez6

jimibt wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:20 pm
decomez6 wrote:
jamesg46 wrote:

how have you been calulating ATR given that there is no previous close?? i.e. these markets are true expiry, a bit like options. for sure you can take an average of each high and low traded price and plot that over time. interested to hear your take on this as it could also be fairly interesting.
my time frames are divided into 30,60,90.....seconds.and the volume bar has an inbuilt trading range , this serves as a visualisation tool . i would go ahead and open multiple instances of bet agel, each having the volume bar settings adjusted to show the corresponding time frames. so i can visualise volatility, just like the new traffic lights marker.
thats the visual part .one instance shows 30 secs of volume increament , another one 60,......so on.
my calculations are based on blocks of 6 prices. each instance is tracking the volatility of one block, and each block comprises of three best back prices and the three best lay prices( like weight of money calculations). my highest closing price is the price at the best back price at the closing of the time frame in this case 60 secs.while my low price is the initial lay price of the 3rd lowest price lay price at the beginning of the 60 seconds.
i will get the difference of the two figures which will be added to the results from other time frames and divided by the number of instances.
this gives me a number akeen to the traditional ATR.( may be not exact)
but it serves as a guide .am i going the long, wrong way?
Is there a better way of doing it in bet angel?
Vovsen

Dallas wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:23 pm
Vovsen wrote:

TextCompare.PNG

English Premier League
Spanish La Liga
German Bundesliga
etc etc
Thanks, I tried that as well - It is not triggering even if I only use Serie A.

Maybe I am missing something, but I have tried many different variations with different settings.

Can you please have a look at this signal file
SerieA.baf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Vovsen wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:38 pm
Dallas wrote:
Vovsen wrote:

TextCompare.PNG

English Premier League
Spanish La Liga
German Bundesliga
etc etc

Maybe I am missing something, but I have tried many different variations with different settings.

SerieA.baf
There was a typo in 'Italian Serie A'
you had an 'a' on the end not the 'e'

But once that was changed it triggered fine, you won't need to use the text 'Italian Soccer' as no markets have that in there title anyway so just 'Italian Serie A' would do in this instance

S1.jpg
S2.jpg
Vovsen

I tried 'Italian Serie A' as well but no luck

I also tried with all the other leagues for tomorrow.

But I can see you managed to do it, which baffles me.

I tested on another computer and it does not work there either.

Would you kindly upload the working file?

It would highly appreciated
jimibt

just looking back to when vwap started obsessing me :D
still holds true today -4 years later
Vovsen

Dallas wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:56 pm
Vovsen wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:38 pm
Dallas wrote:

English Premier League
Spanish La Liga
German Bundesliga
etc etc

SerieA.baf

But once that was changed it triggered fine, you won't need to use the text 'Italian Soccer' as no markets have that in there title anyway so just 'Italian Serie A' would do in this instance

S1.jpg

S2.jpg

I can only get signals using text comparison to work in some instances.

Here it triggers for US:
UStest1.PNG
But on the next many markets it does not:
UStest2.PNG
UStest3.PNG
Vovsen

Triggering both US and AUS. Havent gotten to sorting this yet, but shows that I can get them to trigger (despite my typo with SeriE A, where I still cant get it to trigger, other leagues included)
AUStest2.PNG

The vast majority of markets they do not trigger on

Not triggering AUS market:
AUStest1.PNG
AUStest3.PNG
Dallas

Vovsen wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:04 pm
I tried 'Italian Serie A' as well but no luck

I also tried with all the other leagues for tomorrow.

But I can see you managed to do it, which baffles me.

I tested on another computer and it does not work there either.

Would you kindly upload the working file?

It would highly appreciated
I also had to change the arm time from what you had to 'Always' as all markets with 'Serie A' have already started

Vovsen wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:20 pm
Triggering both US and AUS. Havent gotten to sorting this yet, but shows that I can get them to trigger (despite my typo with SeriE A, where I still cant get it to trigger, other leagues included)

AUStest2.PNG

The vast majority of markets they do not trigger on

Not triggering AUS market:

AUStest1.PNG

AUStest3.PNG
The racing are also working fine, both rules will trigger on AUS markets as the text 'US' is part of that word, but as you can see just the US rule triggered on the US markets and neither triggered on the UK
AUS.jpg
US.jpg
UK.jpg
Both files used attached below

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”