Internet Explorer

Help improve Bet Angel.
firlandsfarm

Has any consideration been given to linking BA to a different browser bearing in mind the fast approaching demise of IE? It doesn't affect BA itself but if you open a Forum Post from BA it opens in IE and could present difficulties going forward. Also (and this may be a coincidence or a Microsoft intention to 'encourage' people to stop using IE) I am finding IE is running much slower than other browsers now. The pain is that BA automatically uses IE … maybe to offer an option to select the browser in the Settings would be possible?
Vovsen

I cant get Internet Explorer 11 to load the markets on betfair.com and when I click on the Exchange a blank site opens, so I cant login.

This affects BetAngel so that I cant login with NemID

Great suggestion +1
Kai

Think the graph says it all really, today only 1% of people use IE.

Anbell

firlandsfarm wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:18 am
Has any consideration been given to linking BA to a different browser bearing in mind the fast approaching demise of IE? It doesn't affect BA itself but if you open a Forum Post from BA it opens in IE and could present difficulties going forward. Also (and this may be a coincidence or a Microsoft intention to 'encourage' people to stop using IE) I am finding IE is running much slower than other browsers now. The pain is that BA automatically uses IE … maybe to offer an option to select the browser in the Settings would be possible?
Just go here in your preferred browser
https://www.betangel.com/forum/

Opera FTW
firlandsfarm

Anbell wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:57 am
firlandsfarm wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:18 am
Just go here in your preferred browser
https://www.betangel.com/forum/

Opera FTW
Of course I can use a different browser and Opera is one of the modern browsers that I use but the BA app desktop automatically opens forum pages in IE if you choose "Open in new window". It's a dinosaur of a browser! I can also copy the shortcut, open the alternative browser and paste the copied shortcut into the new browser and click Go … I can also travel around in a steam powered car but I prefer these new fangled petrol and diesel things and I hear the even newer electric alternatives are quite good as well! :D
Trader Pat

Kai wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:12 pm
Think the graph says it all really, today only 1% of people use IE.

No Edge on there is unusual.

Probably a narrow second to Firefox at the moment. If you like Chrome you should probably switch to Edge, there both essentially the same as they're both built on the Chromium platform. And one big advantage Edge has is performance, uses much less memory than Chrome.

People are still suspicious of it because its the browser Microsoft are pushing but its worth a look if you haven't already.
firlandsfarm

Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:06 pm
No Edge on there is unusual.

Probably a narrow second to Firefox at the moment. If you like Chrome you should probably switch to Edge, there both essentially the same as they're both built on the Chromium platform. And one big advantage Edge has is performance, uses much less memory than Chrome.

People are still suspicious of it because its the browser Microsoft are pushing but its worth a look if you haven't already.
I have too many windows open at the same time because if I see something interesting I open it to read later. More often than not I don't read it until the next morning over the first tea/coffee (like now! :) ) so I rely on the "reopen" option when starting up the computer or reopening the browser. IE is crap for that as all it gives is a rather inconspicuous line at the foot of the opening window and if you click on a BA Desktop before you manually open IE even the inconspicuous line doesn't show. By the time you realise you've "done it again" it's too late. :(

I also gave up on Firefox for a similar reason. Yes, Firefox automatically opens the tabs from the last session but all too often for my liking it would forget/lose the info and you just get the Home page! :(

I started to major on Opera as a less popular browser and therefore probably not getting the same degree of attention from the hackers/scammers but also (probably because of popularity) it is not compatible with all websites/pages. :(

So I'm basically down to Edge and Chrome. It's interesting from the graph that Chrome and IE have basically swapped places in the popularity stakes.

Return to “Suggestions”