Trading Diet — what do you consume?

A place to discuss anything.
eightbo

Yeah I know pat, all good bro.
Highly recommend running. After 20-40min at average pace you'll get "runners high" which is is the release of something called Anandamine (endocannabinoid) into the blood which really puts you in a good mood and primes you for good performance. This is different from lifting or resistance exercises, where I don't notice those mood benefits. If I could only do one it'd be the running and I got into running for dif reasons but that's my main reason now for keeping it up.

Side note I feel ice cold shower has similar effect but more short-lived so unless I'm in a rush I'll end my shower with like 2-3m of coldest setting and found that gets my session off to a good start. Recommended trying that pre-session for a week see how you go.

Re: fasting I've also noticed some clear 3-4hr stretches when waking up and trading first thing but I'm still skinny so I try cap it at about 2 hours now to balance between that and weight gain. Defo agree there is something there. Also noticed that if I eat something processed before bed then I get hunger kick in early and the 2-4hr window of clarity gets cut short and distracted by hunger so tend to just go whole grain carbs big meal the night before now and if I want to enjoy a snack while I'm winding down after that I'll have some fruit juice or something rather than sweets which seems to work much better
Trader Pat

Unfortunately I'm no longer built for running! :D 10 years or so of carrying too much weight has taken it tolls on the joints, mostly low impact exercises for me exercise bike and rowing machine.

Fasting's a really interesting one as there seems to be a lot of evidence to back it up. I'm trying to get into a routine of breakfast at 8am and then a small lunch before the horses start, feeling too full definitely seems to have a negative effect on concentration and focus. Like you say though its all about finding the right balance between the two, you dont want your belly rumbling while trying to figure out which direction the favourite is going in!
Derek27

I'm looking for a treadmill that I can use over the winter but so far all I can find are treadmills with preset routines. There doesn't seem to be anything on the market that lets you fully customise your workout.
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:41 pm
I'm looking for a treadmill that I can use over the winter but so far all I can find are treadmills with preset routines. There doesn't seem to be anything on the market that lets you fully customise your workout.
I thought that would have been pretty standard on a treadmill?
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:44 pm
Derek27 wrote:
So would I, but not a single treadmill on Argos or Amazon has programmable routines - you have to select the nearest best fit. I haven't looked at the expensive machines but it should be a standard feature.
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:25 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:44 pm
Derek27 wrote:
So would I, but not a single treadmill on Argos or Amazon has programmable routines - you have to select the nearest best fit. I haven't looked at the expensive machines but it should be a standard feature.
Probably only on the high end machines, you can pay ridiculous money for a top treadmill.

Return to “General discussion”