"Save Rules File As" pre-populated

Help improve Bet Angel.
sniffer66

Just a minor one...

When doing a "Save Rules File As" in Guardian, would it be possible to populate the existing Rules File name in to the dialogue box. Or allow us to browse to an existing name ?

Reason being is that I create quite long, descriptive rule names and when updating append those with the new version number i.e V1.01
It can be a pain having to retype the entire string and if you make a typo they dont get listed in order in Guardian

Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jimibt

sniffer66 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:31 pm
Just a minor one...

When doing a "Save Rules File As" in Guardian, would it be possible to populate the existing Rules File name in to the dialogue box. Or allow us to browse to an existing name ?

Reason being is that I create quite long, descriptive rule names and when updating append those with the new version number i.e V1.01
It can be a pain having to retype the entire string and if you make a typo they dont get listed in order in Guardian

Capture.JPG
+1 - this is exactly how i version rules and find the blank input box a pain, especially with long names as you allude to...
weemac

+1, and while you're at it, please fix the issue whereby inadvertantly hitting the close button on Guardian leaves the user with no way of changing his/her mind. A simple "Are you sure you want to close Guardian - Yes/No" will suffice.

Thank you.
Anbell

jimibt wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:37 pm
sniffer66 wrote:
Just a minor one...

Capture.JPG
+1 - this is exactly how i version rules and find the blank input box a pain, especially with long names as you allude to...
+1

(As a workaround I keep the automation folder open and copy/paste from there)
sniffer66

Anbell wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:48 pm
jimibt wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:37 pm
sniffer66 wrote:
Just a minor one...

Capture.JPG
+1

Yes, I do the same, copy the file name from Explorer. But its a (minor) pain
Geordie

sniffer66 wrote:
Just a minor one...

Capture.JPG
+1 from from me also, thanks.
firlandsfarm

sniffer66 wrote:
+1 :)
Anbell wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:48 pm
Nice one. :)

weemac wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:18 pm
+1, and while you're at it, please fix the issue whereby inadvertantly hitting the close button on Guardian leaves the user with no way of changing his/her mind. A simple "Are you sure you want to close Guardian - Yes/No" will suffice.
+1 :)
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

ok - we'll add that to the list.
weemac wrote:
Closing Guardian doesn't have any consequence, you can just click the G button to reopen it. All Automation continues to run regardless of whether Guardian is visible or not.
sniffer66

Bet Angel wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:55 am
weemac wrote:
Closing Guardian doesn't have any consequence, you can just click the G button to reopen it. All Automation continues to run regardless of whether Guardian is visible or not.
Great - thanks.
firlandsfarm

Bet Angel wrote:
So what's the significance of the 'Do you want to save the Markets' check when closing Guardian … is that to save markets you are not running automation on?
sniffer66

Seeing as we are asking questions ;)

Did you, as developers, make a conscious decsion not to include the standard "Control + Underline" shortcuts for menu options ?

I'm automating some repetitive\timed market adds and shortcuts would have made life a little easier
weemac

Bet Angel wrote:
weemac wrote:
Thanks for the info - perhaps it was an earlier version which de-populated all nominated selections on Guardian closure, or perhaps repeated error on my part. Anyway, the 'Save As' request seems popular.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

firlandsfarm wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:41 am
So what's the significance of the 'Do you want to save the Markets' check when closing Guardian … is that to save markets you are not running automation on?
That particular warning is very old (before Guardian even had Automation) and is really just asking if you want to save the list of markets that are in Guardian in case you were about to close the Bet Angel session completely. i.e. Save them for the next login to Bet Angel.
I suppose we could change the trigger for the message to only warn when you are exiting the entire session rather than just Guardian, it's just that we haven't touched that bit of code for a very long time.

BTW, the 'Save As' name preset was added into the beta 3 build this morning. It was a single line of code to change, so we snuck it in before the build.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

sniffer66 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:12 pm
Did you, as developers, make a conscious decsion not to include the standard "Control + Underline" shortcuts for menu options ?
Some of the menus have Alt+char shortcuts (the main screen and Guardian) but we don't tend to use the Control+Char shortcuts that much. We've tried not to use too many pre-built shortcuts now that we've got the shortcuts editor otherwise a lot of the letters would already be assigned to things.
sniffer66

Bet Angel wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:19 pm
sniffer66 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:12 pm
Some of the menus have Alt+char shortcuts (the main screen and Guardian) but we don't tend to use the Control+Char shortcuts that much. We've tried not to use too many pre-built shortcuts now that we've got the shortcuts editor otherwise a lot of the letters would already be assigned to things.
Understood - that makes sense. Forgot about the BA shortcuts.

Return to “Suggestions”