Filter favoritism

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
murdok

hei
i use the betfairpromo.com files , will it be possible to filter the uk horses by favoritism
does anyone know of an excel formula to do this? or any ideas?
spreadbetting

Depends how many files/races you're trying to handle. Excel isn't the best for those type of queries much better off using a database , mysql is very good and free or you might already have access if you've office.

Are you trying to extract favourites of simply put the data files in odds order, have a look at the subtotal option under data if you want to extract favs, just use min. Alternatively use sort to first sort by evenitd then SP's
murdok

spreadbetting wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:47 pm
Depends how many files/races you're trying to handle. Excel isn't the best for those type of queries much better off using a database , mysql is very good and free or you might already have access if you've office.

Are you trying to extract favourites of simply put the data files in odds order, have a look at the subtotal option under data if you want to extract favs, just use min. Alternatively use sort to first sort by evenitd then SP's
I was trying to extract the favorites and I used the subtotal as you suggested and it worked for the 1 favorite and for the others and it is possible to extract them ?

thx for the help

my excel is like this
Atho55

Try this method...

Fave Order method.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
murdok

Atho55 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:28 pm
Try this method...

Fave Order method.jpg
and here it is

and it works, that's what I wanted and thanks for the help Atho55 and spreadbetting

;)
Atho55

Do you want a method to apply the number of runners per race?
murdok

Atho55 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:00 pm
Do you want a method to apply the number of runners per race?
yes :D
Atho55

Try this...

Runners.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
murdok

works perfectly I am very grateful one more time thx

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”