Aussie racing pics

The sport of kings.
Lutruwita

I listen to Radio TAB.
Heisenberg

Radio TAB is real time, tested it again myself at Albion Park on Saturday. This is assuming you are listening through AM, FM has about 2 seconds latency. I'd also wondered if they'd added a studio delay but nope. Didn't see any tracksiders operating, at least not overtly. It's a tough business tracksiding at the trots, sure you can make a few bucks but the in-running liquidity outside of the favourite and/or the leader is awful.

So given that the radio is real time and someone is beating the call, you're left with (very) fast picture players and tracksiders. Given this is happening on every single track in Australia (even the extremely remote ones) and has done so throughout the covid restrictions, it has to be fast pics. I'm almost certain TAB have employed traders for this very purpose, I'd be shocked if it wasn't them.

I've been looking into an angle regarding getting better pics, waiting in some answers from some people more technically minded than me but will update when I know more.
Lutruwita

[/quote]

Two things with Victorian trots... there are pictures avaliable via a sat box which are a good couple of seconds ahead of Sky. I don't have them but know of someone who does. There are also on course guys down there, I've seen pics on Twitter of them using ladders to watch over the fence. I'm guessing they are the layers of gallopers
[/quote]

Because of Covid there couldn't be any on-course traders for the trots at the moment in Victoria.
The dog of ry

Aarondewit wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:29 am

Because of Covid there couldn't be any on-course traders for the trots at the moment in Victoria.
[/quote]

Yeah I have seen them parked up beside the track with ladders set up to see the race. Technically not on course, but watching
Lutruwita

Heisenberg wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:23 am
Radio TAB is real time, tested it again myself at Albion Park on Saturday. This is assuming you are listening through AM, FM has about 2 seconds latency. I'd also wondered if they'd added a studio delay but nope. Didn't see any tracksiders operating, at least not overtly. It's a tough business tracksiding at the trots, sure you can make a few bucks but the in-running liquidity outside of the favourite and/or the leader is awful.

So given that the radio is real time and someone is beating the call, you're left with (very) fast picture players and tracksiders. Given this is happening on every single track in Australia (even the extremely remote ones) and has done so throughout the covid restrictions, it has to be fast pics. I'm almost certain TAB have employed traders for this very purpose, I'd be shocked if it wasn't them.

I've been looking into an angle regarding getting better pics, waiting in some answers from some people more technically minded than me but will update when I know more.
Very interesting. Thankyou.

Notice how Betfair suspends just before they jump on the radio. This is about the same time difference as these in-play bets just before the radio caller says something via AM.
Lutruwita

The dog of ry wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:35 am
Aarondewit wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:29 am

Yeah I have seen them parked up beside the track with ladders set up to see the race. Technically not on course, but watching
[/quote]

That's extraordinary. Am susprised there's enough money to be made to be bothered re trots.
Anbell

There's another related issue which I've never understood. The 1.01 guys are nearly always right.

If there's a close photo and the race caller is on the fence, I just look and see where the money has disappeared and it's almost never wrong.
Naffman

Anbell wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:29 am
There's another related issue which I've never understood. The 1.01 guys are nearly always right.

If there's a close photo and the race caller is on the fence, I just look and see where the money has disappeared and it's almost never wrong.
And when the race caller does call it and there's a nose in it the race caller is right 90% of the time
Wildly

Heisenberg wrote:

So given that the radio is real time and someone is beating the call
Ever considered that the race caller could be having a one-click back or lay ? :twisted:
Heisenberg

Wildly wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:46 am
Heisenberg wrote:

So given that the radio is real time and someone is beating the call
Ever considered that the race caller could be having a one-click back or lay ? :twisted:
Well there's another theory to add to my extensive list lol. Unless every single caller is doing the same thing it seems likely but it does make you wonder if when the caller calls the wrong horse in running how many times it's truly an accident!
The dog of ry

It could be the guys in the broadcast truck on course too. I had a look inside the Sky truck at the Sunny Coast about 4 years ago, it was a desk and a bunch of screens basically live. I half joking suggested they should do inplay... prob should have shut my mouth.

I spoke to the guy who produces QLD vision a few weeks back and asked a few Q's. Nice guy but he couldn't tell me a lot other than some of the country tracks, Marburg in particular might be on D2. Been feeling like someone is well ahead of me lately at Albion Park, and a couple of races last week at Redcliffe the market reacted way before the radio gave any clues
Heisenberg

All of the D2 feeds have been encrypted for the past couple of months unfortunately so that's another option gone 😔 The dog of ry, don't suppose you remember if the screens were all of various angles of the Sunny Coast or did they have interstate vision on the truck too? I'm guessing you are SE QLD based too? Should set up a tracksiding gang 😂
The dog of ry

no just the camera's around the SC track as far I can remember, which were pushed out to the TVs on track via a Digi modulator I was there to install. So there will be spots around the track you could get that near live vision. I think it went to a house or caretakers property on the course too by memory?
The dog of ry

haha I read that as Tracksuit Gang first look.. you can be Tony
Heisenberg

The dog of ry wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:03 am
haha I read that as Tracksuit Gang first look.. you can be Tony
:lol:

Return to “Trading Horse racing”