Today's Cricket

T20, IPL, Test matches or the Ashes, discuss it here.
Emmson

Draw has attracted most of the volume (65%) while comfortably not being the shortest priced outcome for the 2nd test starting tomorrow.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
firlandsfarm

I'm thinking England look a little short to me, not in terms of winning but in terms of holding that superiority all through the game especially when who bats last is so important to the Pakistan spinners.
SportBilly

Opening position. Layed the draw @ 1.97.
wearthefoxhat

SportBilly wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:57 pm
Opening position. Layed the draw @ 1.97.
Nice entry point.

Just started laying the draw from now...better late than never...
SportBilly

Took a bit of liability out. Nice conditions for bowling today and similar for predicted for a few days so game might progress quickly with wickets when there is play.
Emmson

Wasted day for me :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

Saw a bit of cricket on the news. Can someone explain why some of them have got all that stuff on their faces. Can't be sunscreen cos it wasn't sunny and plenty of ordinary people work outside all day without it. So what is it? And doesn't it end up all over the ball?
Emmson

It will be zinc cream to protect from the sun but some traces will find its way on the ball to help keep the shine.
wearthefoxhat

Emmson wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:07 am
It will be zinc cream to protect from the sun but some traces will find its way on the ball to help keep the shine.
Especially now, as they're not allowed to use their own saliva.

Weather Forecast look ok-ish.

southampton weather.jpg
Kai

Good to see you finally get some company in the cricket thread Emmson :)

First cricket market for me, couldn't resist having a little stab at this when I saw the market, although I apparently hedged far too soon apparently so slightly unlucky since I didn't know what timeframe I had at my disposal. Very interesting market overall, learned a ton from it.

I wanted to ask you guys, what's the best cricket trading guide one can get out there, regardless of price?

Not looking for strategies from it but everything else instead, I need a bit of context about the sport itself and the structure around it, to bring me up to speed in the shortest amount of time possible. Wasn't actively looking for one yet but the only that I've seen around is the "Centaur" one, and I know how the forum feels about him and his stuff :)
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:04 pm
I wanted to ask you guys, what's the best cricket trading guide one can get out there, regardless of price?
If you can wait a little while I'll write one for you - it will be £999. ;)

Well done on your first stab. My cricket trading started going downhill after a good start but I intend to revisit it.
Emmson

Well done Kai

Not seen any cricket trading guide to judge but I find if I'm hunting for info on anything google will pull up something worthwhile for free. :D
Kai

I don't think Google can compress all of the info that I want in an easy to absorb ELI5 format :D

You Brits probably underestimate how little the rest of the world knows about cricket, we'll only go as far as baseball and I'm not joking either. Cricket seems to be the only thing missing from the Bet Angel academy, I see they've got other sports well covered.

And since when does Caan have a cricket trading guide? Made in collaboration with an anonymous Mr X that's been trading cricket full time for a decade. Very interesting, hopefully Mr X exists :)

Please tell me the cricket trading scene is bigger than Caan and Badgerr, don't see any other cricket stuff.
Emmson

Is that person you mention ^^^ a full time trader or a full time marketer?
Emmson

Kai wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:16 pm
I don't think Google can compress all of the info that I want in an easy to absorb ELI5 format :D

You Brits probably underestimate how little the rest of the world knows about cricket, we'll only go as far as baseball and I'm not joking either. Cricket seems to be the only thing missing from the Bet Angel academy, I see they've got other sports well covered.

And since when does Caan have a cricket trading guide? Made in collaboration with an anonymous Mr X that's been trading cricket full time for a decade. Very interesting, hopefully Mr X exists :)

Please tell me the cricket trading scene is bigger than Caan and Badgerr, don't see any other cricket stuff.
You are intelligent and already know the mechanics of trading, the rest is knowing the game, its players and all its nuances which is a long long, road I admit.

Return to “Betfair Cricket trading”