test for 0-0

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
goldfinch77

Guys, I am still having a problem checking if the score is still 0-0 at a certain time in a match.

What is the best way of doing this ? I want to check if the score is still 0-0 at 65 mins, then place a back bet on the o.5 market.

I have other ideas that would need this check as well,so hopefully I will learn for these too.

Goldfinch
LeeCaL

goldfinch77 wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:15 pm
Guys, I am still having a problem checking if the score is still 0-0 at a certain time in a match.

What is the best way of doing this ? I want to check if the score is still 0-0 at 65 mins, then place a back bet on the o.5 market.

I have other ideas that would need this check as well,so hopefully I will learn for these too.

Goldfinch
Hi Goldfinch,

If all you want to do is back O0.5 then you won't need to make any checks to see if it's 0-0. If the O0.5 market is still available then by default it's still 0-0 as this market suspends after the first goal.

Hope I understood your question correctly,

Lee
goldfinch77

Lee, thanks for the help.
I understand that if the score is 0-0 then the O 0.5 cant trigger which of course is logical.

I think what confused me a little was on one of you videos ( which are a great help btw :D ) you talked about using signals to check for 0-0 and then passing this to the Overs rule.

I have been looking at a long term strategy which places a back bet on the 0-0 market at a given time and within a ginve odds range. I am guessing the same will apply as the O0.5, ie if a goal has been scored before my time the CS will not trigger, is this correct ?

Andy
LeeCaL

The difference with the CS market is that once the score passes, there will be unmatched cash waiting at 1000.00 in the hope someone miss clicks etc. The best way to check if 0-0 is still available is to check to see if there is still a back & lay price available on 0-0 (Row 1).

If you wanted to bet on the O2.5 and check to see if it's still 0-0 then you would have to have the O0.5 send a stored value out to the market to say "i'm still live". Once the O2.5 receives this signal, then it can proceed with the bet. Alternatively, you can have the CS market send out the signal if 0-0 has a back & lay available. There are a number of ways to do it.

Hope this helps.
goldfinch77

Lee, once again thanks for your time, I will play/test some of the idea's you have given me.

Andy

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”