Today's Cricket

T20, IPL, Test matches or the Ashes, discuss it here.
Derek27

Why do bowlers scream as though they're being mauled by a lion whenever the get a wicket? :lol:
Derek27

Got down to 1.09.
Jamaica Tallawahs.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

It's not often you're responsible for the entire traded volume for a selection. :lol:
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
abgespaced

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:35 pm
Got down to 1.09.
Jamaica Tallawahs.jpg
What's the story behind this? Did they get bowled out chasing a low score?

EDIT: I just checked the scores. seems they just ran out of overs to reach the required score. Any idea why it traded at 1.09? Only reason I can think would be some early wickets in the first innings. It shouldn't have lasted very long at that level because the Zouks made a decent first innings score, although I can see it was depressed for quite some time before shooting up. It's like the market decided they had already won the game right up until the last few overs.

Crazy stuff.
Derek27

abgespaced wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:47 am
Derek27 wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:35 pm
Got down to 1.09.
Jamaica Tallawahs.jpg
What's the story behind this? Did they get bowled out chasing a low score?

EDIT: I just checked the scores. seems they just ran out of overs to reach the required score. Any idea why it traded at 1.09? Only reason I can think would be some early wickets in the first innings. It shouldn't have lasted very long at that level because the Zouks made a decent first innings score, although I can see it was depressed for quite some time before shooting up. It's like the market decided they had already won the game right up until the last few overs.

Crazy stuff.
The Tallawahs were apparently playing well (although their scores were barely on target) but as soon as their main batsman was out they fell apart. I don't know much about cricket as you can tell from my posts, but I couldn't understand why they were so short in a game that frequently turns around quickly. That's why I really want to get stuck into this game.

I've noticed the 1st innings runs market has some worthwhile money available for betting purposes but the 2nd innings runs market is almost non-existent, probably because the score becomes limited.
Derek27

I was waiting for England v Australia to start. After 6 p.m. I realised there are still over 23 hours to wait. :lol:
abgespaced

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:17 pm
I was waiting for England v Australia to start. After 6 p.m. I realised there are still over 23 hours to wait. :lol:
Oops. Heh yeah it's a long time to wait between games these days. Not to mention they are all on at terrible hours for us in Aus. Even the upcoming Pakistan league.
Derek27

Missed the start of the match but two wickets in the first over have shaken up the market.
download.jpg
abgespaced

It's shaken up the whole team. up to 8.0

Problem is, I have NFI what it will do from here. I've been burned so many times thinking this point or that is a compression point. Only to see the price hold on and spike again on the next wicket.

Looks like they are going to lose now 55/7. Should have layed the Warriors.
Derek27

I've never encountered such a humiliation so I'm just sitting watching, and drinking. :D

I've had a wee lay at evens that they score less then 115 because I'm just experimenting with that market but I think there was a 3-figure sum available if I wanted it. Another wicket as I type. :lol:
abgespaced

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:40 pm
I've never encountered such a humiliation so I'm just sitting watching, and drinking. :D

I've had a wee lay at evens that they score less then 115 because I'm just experimenting with that market but I think there was a 3-figure sum available if I wanted it. Another wicket as I type. :lol:
Lucky you! How did you know it would be a humiliation? :ugeek:

I seem to be getting stung by these freak results lately. 1.01 before the second innings.
Derek27

All out for 55 after 13.4 overs. There's a guy playing for St. Lucia who's as big as Jeff Capes. I was going to ask how he can run for the ball but as I type, I guess he's the wicketkeeper. :)
Derek27

abgespaced wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:45 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:40 pm

Lucky you! How did you know it would be a humiliation? :ugeek:

I seem to be getting stung by these freak results lately. 1.01 before the second innings.
That wasn't pre-match, that was after a few overs. It might have been a bot, somebody not watching the match, or somebody with superior knowledge of cricket to me who felt the next batsman will knock a few boundaries. ;)
megarain

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:48 pm
All out for 55 after 13.4 overs. There's a guy playing for St. Lucia who's as big as Jeff Capes. I was going to ask how he can run for the ball but as I type, I guess he's the wicketkeeper. :)
Hes a spin bowler. He was left out of the Windies side as some selctors felt he was a bad image. He still got in.

Hes not great, but can hit the ball a long way.

Zouks have been crap all year -- its a travesty they get into the final.
Derek27

megarain wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:58 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:48 pm
Hes a spin bowler. He was left out of the Windies side as some selctors felt he was a bad image. He still got in.

Hes not great, but can hit the ball a long way.

Zouks have been crap all year -- its a travesty they get into the final.
I'm struggling to see much on my little Betfair window that doesn't do full screen but I think he's knocked 2 maximums in the first 3 balls!

I've either got to learn a lot about cricket or take the cold-trading approach. :)

Return to “Betfair Cricket trading”