How to Rank SV’s

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Valda

Any help pls.
If I store values for horses in a race what would be the correct way to rank the SV’s in order to use a particular Rank as a bet condition ?
Valda

Guess not possible then - back to good old Excel .
Jukebox

Valda wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:49 am
Guess not possible then - back to good old Excel .
This has been asked before - there is currently no straightforward method. You could look at using signals to compare a runner's sv to each other runner's sv.
sniffer66

If you want to rank to find the lowest or highest that is possible. Take a nominal high figure, say 10,000. Then compare the first SV to it. If its lower than 10k assign that SV as "Lowest", then compare your next SV to "Lowest". If lower, then assign that to "Lowest". Rinse and repeat until you have compared all your SV's. The SV at "Lowest" will be the one you want. Converse for the highest.

Middle rank is a little more problematic
jimibt

sniffer66 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:13 am
If you want to rank to find the lowest or highest that is possible. Take a nominal high figure, say 10,000. Then compare the first SV to it. If its lower than 10k assign that SV as "Lowest", then compare your next SV to "Lowest". If lower, then assign that to "Lowest". Rinse and repeat until you have compared all your SV's. The SV at "Lowest" will be the one you want. Converse for the highest.

middle rank is cumbersome BUT can be done if using a RATIO based off of both TOP value and bottom VALUE. so you do the loop as you mention to get those value, THEN, you do a 2nd loop thro all and do the following:

avgMidValue = currentSv-( (topSv+bottomSv)/2) [then compare each looking for MIN value in that loop]

go thro all and you should get a MIN value (close to 0) for that also -that will (in theory) be your MID.
untested and might be a mind-logic fck up :D
Valda

Thanks for replies guys - looks like a hard slog in automation, and much easier with excel - but will have a play with some of the above just to see.
sniffer66

jimibt wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:36 am
sniffer66 wrote:

middle rank is cumbersome BUT can be done if using a RATIO based off of both TOP value and bottom VALUE. so you do the loop as you mention to get those value, THEN, you do a 2nd loop thro all and do the following:

avgMidValue = currentSv-( (topSv+bottomSv)/2) [then compare each looking for MIN value in that loop]

go thro all and you should get a MIN value (close to 0) for that also -that will (in theory) be your MID.
untested and might be a mind-logic fck up :D
Skills :)
Jukebox

sniffer66 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:20 pm
Perhaps, if that was a BA Automation solution.
sniffer66

Jukebox wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:46 pm
sniffer66 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:20 pm
Perhaps, if that was a BA Automation solution.
It is. Hoops and jumping....
firlandsfarm

I've not found a way other than what I would expect to be a very complicated bubble sort set of rules! But having just read and developing Sniffer's suggestion ...
sniffer66 wrote:
… I'm thinking you could do that for "Highest1"/"Lowest1" and then re-do it excluding Highest1/Lowest1 to find "Highest2"/Lowest2 and keep repeating down to whatever depth you want. I think I'll try that when I get an idle moment. :)

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”