Today's Cricket

T20, IPL, Test matches or the Ashes, discuss it here.
Derek27

Laid 155 runs or more and already logged it as a loss before the last wicket! Cricket's really nail-biting when you play the innings runs market. :D
Derek27

I'm surprised the market bounces as much as 12 ticks after a wicket before another ball is even played.
Derek27

Paid the price for getting up, booting up and mindlessly clicking on a match full of opportunity. Trading requires more preparation than that. :oops:
download.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:51 pm
Paid the price for getting up, booting up and mindlessly clicking on a match full of opportunity. Trading requires more preparation than that. :oops:
You're really getting into cricket recently, hopefully I didn't randomly bait you into it :D

I unfortunately didn't learn anything new about the sport during the footy break, I've been a bit of a lazy git instead :)

But I was still very productive and managed to successfully invade Poland, their laughable cavalry was no match for my panzer divisions. Been thinking of invading France next, they'll never see it coming through the dense Ardennes forest. I actually had this brilliant idea for a revolutionary lighting fast offensive strategy, I think I'll call it "Blitzkrieg".

Anyway, I digress, best of luck with your trading ;)
megarain

These international markets are professionally traded by syndicates who are happy to make 0.5% profit on turnover.

The pricing is pretty accurate, but scalping is possible if u have a decent feed.

In all the games, laying the initial batters would have made a decent profit (at some point).
sionascaig

I've got a soft spot for laying the initial batters after the 1st wicket has fallen - particularly if its early in the overs - both team have lots of resources left... That said just a newbie myself...

I did read an academic paper on it from a while ago (maybe 10 yrs old), but suspect the game has changed significantly over that period... (it was about under / over reactions - are there any? in betting markets of the fall on wickets and some other stuff)... Soz, cant find the link... (not sure if it took into account exchange pricing though)
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:06 am
Derek27 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:51 pm
You're really getting into cricket recently, hopefully I didn't randomly bait you into it :D
Two of the best things about joining this forum is that Dallas got me interested in tennis trading and Emmson got me interested in cricket trading. It makes sense to have more than one string to your bow.
Derek27

megarain wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:36 am
These international markets are professionally traded by syndicates who are happy to make 0.5% profit on turnover.

The pricing is pretty accurate, but scalping is possible if u have a decent feed.

In all the games, laying the initial batters would have made a decent profit (at some point).
I'm not doubting you but when a sport is so changeable and matches frequently turn around, I would expect the true price to stay nearer the middle as opposed to the favourites being backed down the bottom of the ladder.
firlandsfarm

I haven't got the stats to test this out but in limited overs games it seems to me that if the team batting first looks down and out with 5 or more wickets down and half the overs still to got they often seem to pull back for a decent score (like England on Sunday). It's just a hunch combined with what I think are unrecorded observations but it may be interesting if someone has the stats to prove/disprove that.
Derek27

Does anyone know where you can get ball by ball, or over by over stats for matches currently in-play, like Sofa Scores does with the tennis?
daveyp9

Flashscores i think does ball by ball stats and overs. Might be worth a look
Derek27

Thanks.
Derek27

Laid this at 1.31, can't believe I closed for a loss. :lol:
download.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
megarain

The game had a perfect script.

Lancs overnight 1.65 after announcement 4 keys Yorkies missing.

Bounce to 1.8x when Root announced as playing.

Lancs bat first on a pitch always going to be difficult to score 2nd half runs, and if Lancs had scored the 190 they were on track
too, the game was done.

They didnt, and Root/Lyth scored enough to make the game a formality for Yorks, before 1 wkt brought 3 - and the pressure told.

I also murdered a great book - don't feel bad.
Emmson

OK we have the IPL 2020 upon this, interested to see how much is matched on 1st game - over 50 million matched would be lovely to show Indians are still getting their money on.

The opening fixture is the same as 2 years ago when there was an almighty 1.01 gubbing .

Return to “Betfair Cricket trading”