Detect price of unmatched lay bet and store value

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
the4droogs

I'm trying to create a bot that completes a strategy that I start manually. I will manually initiate the trade by placing a lay bet, which will initially be unmatched. I want my bot to then detect the price at which I placed the lay bet and put that price in a stored vale. Once I have that value stored the rest is pretty straight forward to implement. The trouble is I can't find a way to place the lay bet price into a stored value. I saw that there is an option to store the price based on 'matched bet information of the market'. But there is no such option for unmatched bets.

Is there a way to do this that I'm missing?
Dabbla

Your best to add a file to a servant shortcut.
Create a stored vale that stores the value of the (Servant context price)
Add your lay bet to the file ,place that bet at the (Servant context price)
You can then share the SV with a guardian file or build on to the servant.

This file will place a bet of £2 LAY at the context price and store the price in the log.
STORE PRICE AND PLACE.baf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
the4droogs

Yep, this works. Couldn't import your rules file as I am running the new beta and it says it was made with a previous version and incompatible. But I got what you trying to say and implemented and it is working correctly. I had looked at the possibility of servants to get the context price, but had read that they stop running when you leave the market - which wasn't suitable for what I wanted to do. The missing link was the shared stored value between the servant and guardian file. I hadn't thought of that. Thanks for the advice mate.
Dallas

the4droogs wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:25 am
Yep, this works. Couldn't import your rules file as I am running the new beta and it says it was made with a previous version and incompatible. But I got what you trying to say and implemented and it is working correctly. I had looked at the possibility of servants to get the context price, but had read that they stop running when you leave the market - which wasn't suitable for what I wanted to do. The missing link was the shared stored value between the servant and guardian file. I hadn't thought of that. Thanks for the advice mate.
If you weren't able to import it you must be using an older version than Dabbla, you can download the latest version which now on general release from the website - that's likely the one Dabbla is using
https://www.betangel.com/download/?product=BetAngelPro
Dabbla

It was created in 1.55.0.b3
Dallas

Dabbla wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:59 pm
It was created in 1.55.0.b3
The most update version is now V1.55.0 (from the website)
It was reset after going on General release about 2 weeks ago.

the4droogs must be using an even older version of the beta when it was released to the forum.
the4droogs

Yes I think I need to update. I'm on 1.55.0.b2. Thanks.
zadorozhnia

Is there a way to store the price of an unmatched bet without using the workaround provided by Dabbla that uses "Servant Context Price"?

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”