Incompatible automation files

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
NellySon1978

Hi

I'm currently having a play with some automation files, some in Bet Angel professional and some in the VPS version of Bet Angel, where I've created a file in one, i'm unable to copy rules between these two versions of the software. Are these totally incompatible with each other, am I doing something wrong or does anyone know of any workaround to save me the time of having to totally recreate them?

Also wanted to say I think this forum is brilliant, so much information being shared by helpful people.

Thanks
Dallas

As long as its Bet Angel for Betfair you are using the same files can be passed between the VPS and regular desktop version of Bet Angel

Its most likely you've got different versions of each installed, if you download and install the latest V1.55 from the BA website on both your VPS and desktop you'll be able to pass the files between them
https://www.betangel.com/download/?product=BetAngelPro
NellySon1978

Hi Dallas

I assumed they would be transferable and I was missing something obvious.
I had initially thought I was using the same versions but one was 1.55 b2 and the other was 1.55 b3.
I should of spotted it really, sorry for wasting your time.
I've re-downloaded them and that has worked.

Thanks for the rapid response.
Dallas

No problem, just to clarify for you and anyone else reading this

The latest version is the one on the website, its currently V1.55.0

This supersedes any beta versions from the forum ending in b2, b3 etc

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”