Transaction Charges Changes

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
ShaunWhite

spreadbetting wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:48 pm
I've never been at the promo gift stage, what sort of goodies do you get in the post , Shaun.

I only recently had calls from my account manager because they were looking for people to provide liquidity in certain markets because of Corona shutting everything down.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not in the league that's going to get the Betfair Rolex or even the Betfair Timex, and if I tell you it's just going to reveal what a cheap slut of a date I am. But I had a nice scarf in the winter which I thought was better than the standard notepad and pen, and a powerbank for my phone. Looks like the going rate for my affections is about 40 quid, I said I was cheap. :roll: Tbh I'm a bit cheeky when it comes to asking, when we met Neil back in January (weird to imagine that pub full now) he asked what they could do to improve things, I think it was Liam who asked for something clever and techy and being outclassed in that dept I just I said, 'more free merch?'. Lo and behold...

I don't think I'll get a special phone call asking me to put my 50 quid in the empty pools, kudos for that.

...i've tried twice before on here to blag a free BetAngel mug and.... nada. That chance to buy my loyalty has gone now, Peter would have to up the stakes to a BetAngel bobble hat next xmas to outdo Betfair's high quality and very nice subtle scarf ;)
CallumPerry

I was chuffed when I received my notepad and pen a year or two ago. I felt proper important. My loyalty is worth a couple of quid obviously, I'm cheaper than you Shaun :lol:
Bog

I just got hit with 60 EUR charge, asked betfair, they said for going over the 5000 transaction limit :o 60 EUR!
In my account the only info is DEBIT. .....

According to their formula of £0.002 for every transaction over 5000, 60 EUR it's 30000 transactions?? It's impossible to have so many transactions, I didn't changed anything to the only bot I was testing for some time.

And I don't understand what exactly are "failed transactions". They say " What is a failed transaction? An action that leads to your bet not being placed on the Betfair Exchange." and they give an example "However, between the hours of 14:00:00 and 14:59:59 you placed 4800 bets and recorded 3400 failed transactions, between the hours of 15:00:00 and 15:59:59 you placed 2250 bets and recorded 4200 failed transactions, but in other hours you recorded less than 5000 transactions." (https://www.betfair.com/aboutUs/Betfair.Charges/ - chapter 4)

How it's possible to have so many failed transactions in their example?

Now waiting for an email with their answer, I looked In my account, all day I had maybe over little 7000 transaction, not in an hour and that counting cancelled bets also, and I understand cancelled bets don't count for transactions charge. Don't know where to look for "failed transactions" stats

They may have made a mistake or they are never wrong and I can say goodbye to the money?
Anbell

Bog wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:28 pm
I just got hit with 60 EUR charge, asked betfair, they said for going over the 5000 transaction limit :o 60 EUR!

According to their formula of £0.002 for every transaction over 5000, 60 EUR it's 30000 transactions?? It's impossible to have so many transactions, I didn't changed anything to the only bot I was testing for some time.

And I don't understand what exactly are "failed transactions". They say " What is a failed transaction? An action that leads to your bet not being placed on the Betfair Exchange." and they give an example "However, between the hours of 14:00:00 and 14:59:59 you placed 4800 bets and recorded 3400 failed transactions, between the hours of 15:00:00 and 15:59:59 you placed 2250 bets and recorded 4200 failed transactions, but in other hours you recorded less than 5000 transactions." (https://www.betfair.com/aboutUs/Betfair.Charges/ - chapter 4)

Now waiting for an email with their answer, I looked In my account, all day I had maybe over little 7000 transaction, not in an hour and that counting cancelled bets also, and I understand cancelled bets don't count for transactions charge. Don't know where to look for "failed transactions" stats

They may have made a mistake or they are never wrong and I can say goodbye to the money?
They've just instituted this new change re failed transactions. A typical source of the high failed transactions is TAKE SP. Make sure that you've got a condition that there are more than 0 unmatched bets, and also that the race is not in-play
napshnap

(delete this post, please)
Last edited by napshnap on Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
napshnap

Bog wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:28 pm

Check out this thread:
https://forum.developer.betfair.com/for ... #post33318

They count failed cancelation as a transaction now.
But it's not clear how exactly they do it. For example: we can: cancel all bets in whole market (by specifying its marketid) or cancel few particular bets (by specifying bets ids). Do "all bets cancelation" counts as one failed transaction? Still not clear.
Bog

Anbell wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:24 am

They've just instituted this new change re failed transactions. A typical source of the high failed transactions is TAKE SP. Make sure that you've got a condition that there are more than 0 unmatched bets, and also that the race is not in-play
Thanx Anbell. Do you know when they made the new change? 60 EUR charge it's for 1st October.

I was using for a long time TAKE SP with execution count "1000" or more and waiting time after execution "1 second", so it must be very new the change. It was the only rule I was thinking that could cause the charge for "failed transactions", so after your message, now I think it's because TAKE SP rule.

I changed the rules condition with your suggestions, and reduced the number of executions. How can they make these changes without annoucment? :| Do I have any chance to request the money back? Still waiting for their answer.
napshnap wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:23 am

Check out this thread:
https://forum.developer.betfair.com/for ... #post33318

They count failed cancelation as a transaction now.
But it's not clear how exactly they do it. For example: we can: cancel all bets in whole market (by specifying its marketid) or cancel few particular bets (by specifying bets ids). Do "all bets cancelation" counts as one failed transaction? Still not clear.
Dallas said here viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11378 that Canceled bets either manually or when using fill/kill do not count as further transactions.

I have automation with fill/kill. They need to be clear for what transactions are they charging now....

Thanx for the link Napshnap, BetfairDeveloperProgram user said "Only failed cancellation requests are counted as failed transactions, Successful cancellation requests aren't counted."

Now I don't know what "failed cancellation requests" are. For example if I have "cancel all bets" with 10 executions, if first execution is' successful, next 9 are considered "failed cancellation requests" if there are no more bets to cancel and the rule it's still active?
spreadbetting

I'd guess a failed cancel request is exactly what it's says on the tin, a cancel request that failed, like any other transactions that fail to do what were requested. So they would be things like where a bet is already cancelled or already matched, requests made to suspended or closed markets. All these requests have to be processed by betfair's server and they've been trying to get users to be more efficient with their API use for a long time.

There are many badly written bots out there that hammer their servers and guess they're now looking to penalise those that do it.
napshnap

Bog wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:31 am
Now I don't know what "failed cancellation requests" are. For example if I have "cancel all bets" with 10 executions, if first execution is' successful, next 9 are considered "failed cancellation requests" if there are no more bets to cancel and the rule it's still active?
Well, you see, we should try to look at it from 2 points of view: form bots devs point of view, and from casual users that use those bots and their automation features.From the second point of view I think everything will be fine cause devs already counted those situations in: you call "cancel all bets" - and there are a few scenarios: 1) betangel doesn't check if you have any executable orders in the market and simply calls "cancel all bets" 10 times and if api crashed you get errors 2) betangel checks if you have any executable orders left in the market and calls their cancelation - you will be fine if api is ok, if api is not ok there will be problems (for example: api will return false information that you have executable orders when you are not, or cancellations will constantly fail cause of crashed api). You should ask betangel devs how exactly they deal with those kind of situations and what are their recommendations.

From bots devs points of view it's simple - you call "cancel all bets" command and get response from api that contains result: SUCCESS, FAILURE, TIMEOUT. If you got SUCCESS than you should be fine, if you got one of the last two, then it's up to you how will deal with this situation: check ExecutionReportErrorCode and act accordingly or maybe wait a lil bit and recheck if you still have executable orders or repeat calling cancellation like a maniac :) (and I guess that's what bf devs were trying to prevent by introducing the new limitations).
I don't think we can fully rely on this response information so a combination of careful response reading, orders existence recheck and a few additional safe-cancellations is what I use.
Last edited by napshnap on Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
LinusP

Not sure if you have tried but they normally refund the first offence, contact [email protected]
gstar1975

Has Betangel been updated to reflect these new changes so the "Tx" box is updating correctly?
Dallas

gstar1975 wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:04 pm
Has Betangel been updated to reflect these new changes so the "Tx" box is updating correctly?
Not yet, but it will be getting done as part of one of the upcoming updates, due to the changes BF have made there's actually a fair bit of work needed

Return to “Betfair exchange”