What To Do Next?

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
eightbo

JustLukeYou wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:28 pm
eightbo wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:52 pm
Buy a meal deal from tesco with your £3 and enjoy the 2nd half

jokes aside it sounds like you want to back £1.50 @ 1-2 & £1.50 @ 2-1 in correct score market then either offer your lays in at 4.0 or exit manually whenever. take advantage of BF's "what if" figures to balance the profit or work out the stake amount you need to lay at w/ a calculator

p.s. don't view it as a free trade just cus you're up £3, you're still risking that meal deal potential
Hi,

No, I am planning to 2 sets of £3 going into 1 match. One backing 2-1 and the backing backing 1-2.
you're contradicting yourself. earlier you said "i want to protect my original £1"
now you are saying:
~"i want to risk 2x £3 back bets in the correct score market" — a 0-0 puts you out of pocket £6
Derek27

eightbo wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:03 pm
JustLukeYou wrote:
eightbo wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:52 pm
Buy a meal deal from tesco with your £3 and enjoy the 2nd half

jokes aside it sounds like you want to back £1.50 @ 1-2 & £1.50 @ 2-1 in correct score market then either offer your lays in at 4.0 or exit manually whenever. take advantage of BF's "what if" figures to balance the profit or work out the stake amount you need to lay at w/ a calculator

p.s. don't view it as a free trade just cus you're up £3, you're still risking that meal deal potential
Hi,

No, I am planning to 2 sets of £3 going into 1 match. One backing 2-1 and the backing backing 1-2.
you're contradicting yourself. earlier you said "i want to protect my original £1"
now you are saying:
~"i want to risk 2x £3 back bets in the correct score market" — a 0-0 puts you out of pocket £6
It would have been 0-1 or 1-1 at the time.

Do you realise Luke, neither of those trades are guaranteed to profit? 2-1 or 1-2 and one of them has lost. 0-3 and they've both lost. You can't go wrong with the meal though. :)
darchas

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:30 pm
eightbo wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:03 pm
JustLukeYou wrote:

Hi,

now you are saying:
It would have been 0-1 or 1-1 at the time.

Do you realise Luke, neither of those trades are guaranteed to profit? 2-1 or 1-2 and one of them has lost. 0-3 and they've both lost. You can't go wrong with the meal though. :)
Hm, don't know about that, there's a lot of strategy involved in selecting a meal deal, you want the best entry possible - something like a cocunut water included in there, doesn't matter if you like it or not, will maximise the saving you get.
Derek27

You can get a big mac and chips for £1.99 if you do their online survey.
Emmson

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:41 pm
You can get a big mac and chips for £1.99 if you do their online survey.
I often target my grocery shopping to coincide with the Reduced To Clear windows.
eightbo

i've gotten lost here apologies guys.

I'm going to Maccies now actually Derek as a mini reward for a good day. They've got these mini chicken bites here which somewhere between selects and nuggets it's great. Still yet to go to taco bell which is next door as wondering if a burrito is even worth it while I'm doing no dairy, if anyone has detailed thoughts on this just drop me a pm
JustLukeYou

So I thought I would try again. I put £3 on Man Utd to win 2-1 and £3 on 3-1 but I put enough on Newcastle to win or draw so that I would lose a £2. When Newcastle scored I traded all the bets out for a slight profit. The thing is Man Utd could come back and draw or make it 2-1 and make the profit higher.
Derek27

JustLukeYou wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:22 pm
So I thought I would try again. I put £3 on Man Utd to win 2-1 and £3 on 3-1 but I put enough on Newcastle to win or draw so that I would lose a £2. When Newcastle scored I traded all the bets out for a slight profit. The thing is Man Utd could come back and draw or make it 2-1 and make the profit higher.
So, Newcastle was winning, the problem is Man Utd could clinch a draw or even go on to win. At least you've narrowed it down to just three possible outcomes. :)
darchas

JustLukeYou wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:22 pm
JustLukeYou

Bugger, now Man Utd have equalized lol

Does anyone set cash out commands and just stick to them? With the Liverpool trade I probably would have traded out for a loss as Everton scored first but as I was out I just left it and it made a profit. If I left this match I would have made a higher profit.
Derek27

JustLukeYou wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:41 pm

Does anyone set cash out commands and just stick to them? With the Liverpool trade I probably would have traded out for a loss as Everton scored first but as I was out I just left it and it made a profit. If I left this match I would have made a higher profit.
If you're not hungry take a bit of advice. I'm in the same boat as you Luke. I've been scalping the draw in the Chicago Fire v Kansas City match. Backed it just before KC scored. Only a slight red. Waited a while for an equalizer and decided to close for a small loss just before CF equalized.

If I closed trade a minute later I would have had a healthy profit. But instead of getting frustrated and thinking, "if only I did this, if only I did that", I just accept the aim is to win overall and not on every market. We'd all have higher profits if we left out our losing markets!
Derek27

Good things come to sad pathetic old men... that wait! Another lay did the trick. :)
download.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JustLukeYou

JustLukeYou wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:41 pm

Wow that's frustrating, I was convinced Man U would win to and Newcastle would score. If I stayed in both the 2-1 and 3-1 would have hit the target.

But bloody BetFair is so inflexible that it only allows me to set a profit target for the all final scores. I don't want that. I want to set profit targets for each score. I have tried this in the past using BetAngel but the software is so confusing to use and when I tried the support they just didn't understand what I was trying to do. Are there any other trading websites which have automatic trade out?
Derek27

A last-minute goal made it a 2-2 draw. Now if only I let that original back bet to run..... We'd all be billionaires Luke, if we did our 'if onlys'!
download.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
darchas

Do you even read any of the comments in your own thread? You seem to plough on completely oblivious to any comments anyone makes.

Return to “Football trading”