RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:32 pm
I was looking for some garden lights when I found some for a penny each. I thought I'd have 6, wondering what's the catch and then I came across this!
Capture.PNG
What's the flipping point? Nobody's going to pay that much for delivery!!
It was an early eBay thing but over time eBay have brought it under control ... you can search by Cost+PP, you can rate the supplier's PP charge in your supplier feedback and I think eBay have some influence that the PP charges are reasonable. Shame to see Amazon lagging behind.
Derek27

firlandsfarm wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:56 am
Derek27 wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:32 pm
I was looking for some garden lights when I found some for a penny each. I thought I'd have 6, wondering what's the catch and then I came across this!
Capture.PNG
What's the flipping point? Nobody's going to pay that much for delivery!!
It was an early eBay thing but over time eBay have brought it under control ... you can search by Cost+PP, you can rate the supplier's PP charge in your supplier feedback and I think eBay have some influence that the PP charges are reasonable. Shame to see Amazon lagging behind.
That rings a bell, I knew I saw cost plus p&p somewhere. Personally I think they should bring back hanging to deal with such people, but at the very least they should be barred from selling on Amazon.
Derek27

The cat's not well - sickness and diarrhoea! The diarrhoea lands in the litter tray but the vomit could be anywhere!!

While I'm here, I'm getting flipping sick of vegan plant-based food being passed off as 'chichen tenders' or 'sausages' and claims on food packages that we can make the world a better place by eating crap. If you want to be a vegan eat vegetables the way god made them. There's no need to pretend it's a dead animal!
darchas

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:27 pm
The cat's not well - sickness and diarrhoea! The diarrhoea lands in the litter tray but the vomit could be anywhere!!

While I'm here, I'm getting flipping sick of vegan plant-based food being passed off as 'chichen tenders' or 'sausages' and claims on food packages that we can make the world a better place by eating crap. If you want to be a vegan eat vegetables the way god made them. There's no need to pretend it's a dead animal!
I think that's a bit unfair, there are plenty of people that like the taste of meat but for environmental or moral reasons they'd rather not eat it. Doesn't seem unreasonable that they might want a meat-tasting alternative which gives them something of the experience of eating meat without the ethical and moral complications that they might want to avoid.
Derek27

darchas wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:42 pm
Derek27 wrote:

I think that's a bit unfair, there are plenty of people that like the taste of meat but for environmental or moral reasons they'd rather not eat it. Doesn't seem unreasonable that they might want a meat-tasting alternative which gives them something of the experience of eating meat without the ethical and moral complications that they might want to avoid.
What I said about vegans was tongue-in-cheek, but they shouldn't label food as chicken strips if it's just a substitute.

By the way, how do people who think meat eating's immoral know what it tastes like? Perhaps we should have human meat substitutes for people who think cannibalism's immoral. ;)
darchas

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:00 am
darchas wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:42 pm
Derek27 wrote:

What I said about vegans was tongue-in-cheek, but they shouldn't label food as chicken strips if it's just a substitute.

By the way, how do people who think meat eating's immoral know what it tastes like? Perhaps we should have human meat substitutes for people who think cannibalism's immoral. ;)
:shock: :? :lol: :lol:
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:00 am
I do love your logic Derek :lol: :lol: :lol:
Korattt

Derek27 wrote:
Our little Tinky (on the right), had a thyroid problem, had to get her over to Newmarket Animal Clinic for a week of treatment, one injection into her thyroid to control her overeating, she was throwing up quite frequently whilst losing weight, around £3k later, (no she wasn’t insured) 🙄, she’s fine albeit coughing up the odd furball, she’s one of two house cats so we have to cope with that..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kai

Not a cat person myself but found a stray kitten last evening in my backyard, calling out for her mother for most of the night. Had the same colors as Derek's cat, she wasn't too young but did look a bit terrified so gave her a bit of food and she was gone by morning. Hopefully her mother came back for her.

Not really a rant but this is the rant corner so irresponsible parenting and all that :evil:
rhysc

Deleted
Last edited by rhysc on Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derek27

Mods, can you change the name of this thread to "The Power of Ranting"? It looks out of place on the forum now. :)
Euler

rhysc wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:17 pm
Does Peter Webb frequent these forums? There’s a chap on a telegram group I’ve joined lately that keeps name dropping him, I’m beginning to wonder how legitimate this chap (not peter) is?
Yes, I post here. Was thinking of changing my alias so it's more obvious.
Derek27

Korattt wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:57 am
Derek27 wrote:
Our little Tinky (on the right), had a thyroid problem, had to get her over to Newmarket Animal Clinic for a week of treatment, one injection into her thyroid to control her overeating, she was throwing up quite frequently whilst losing weight, around £3k later, (no she wasn’t insured) 🙄, she’s fine albeit coughing up the odd furball, she’s one of two house cats so we have to cope with that..
I see you have to cope with the cat(s) getting in the way of the TV as well. :)

Hope they stay healthy.
Kai

rhysc wrote:
Does Peter Webb frequent these forums?
We have not been able to ascertain that as of yet. Euler claims to be Peter but he doesn't even have 20k posts, so my money is on Derek27.
to75ne

Euler wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:21 pm
rhysc wrote:
Does Peter Webb frequent these forums? There’s a chap on a telegram group I’ve joined lately that keeps name dropping him, I’m beginning to wonder how legitimate this chap (not peter) is?
Yes, I post here. Was thinking of changing my alias so it's more obvious.
you cant really start posting with your actual name Peter Webb nobody would believe it, bit like Adam Heathcote posting under his real name.

If you must could you not just put it on your blog and/or twitter that your forum name is Euler, that would have credence.

Return to “General discussion”