Betfair - In-play / In-running bet delays

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

After the post by malky we thought we should check out exactly what the current situation is with Betfair and the inplay delays to bets in-running. Here is a definitive list for you: -

Horse Racing – 1 second
Soccer - ranges from 5 – 12 seconds depending on the latency of the feed. 95% of games are 8 seconds though
Tennis – 3 secs
Golf – 5 secs
Cricket – 5 secs
Specials/Politics – 5 secs
American Football – 5 secs
Darts – 3 seconds
Power Snooker and Snooker Shoot-out – 3 seconds (all other snooker 5 seconds)
Greyhounds - 1 second
Baseball (MLB only) – 6 seconds
Ice Hockey (NHL only) – 8 seconds
Track Athletics – 1 second
Swimming – 1 second
trader999

That's right! On my 7 days trial using Betangel there was no delay at all. By watching the mini chart on a horse race you can see the refreshing speed at 200ms.
After I paid for one year subsription Betangel has 1 sec delay in a horse race. Watching on my other PC but in Practice mode, there is no delay, everything works great, my orders in Guardian are matched in 200ms.
In Live mode I get no match or at the wrong odds.
Betangel is not working well on paid subscription.
I'll contact Tony at Betangel to ask him who's to be blamed, Betfair or the Bot Betangel?
gutuami

you talk rubbish mate. Have you ever placed a bet from betfair site on an inplay market?

http://en.learning.betfair.com/app/answ ... t%20delay/

http://bdp.betfair.com/index.php?option ... &Itemid=68
trader999

Ja, maybe so, but why on Practice mode my Rules in Guardian works well and not in Live mode?
Any Guru out there? Thanks mates!
mcfc1981

trader999 wrote:That's right! On my 7 days trial using Betangel there was no delay at all. By watching the mini chart on a horse race you can see the refreshing speed at 200ms.
After I paid for one year subsription Betangel has 1 sec delay in a horse race. Watching on my other PC but in Practice mode, there is no delay, everything works great, my orders in Guardian are matched in 200ms.
I'll contact Tony at Betangel to ask him who's to be blamed, Betfair or the Bot Betangel?
:lol:
rogerlisa

The reason it works better in practice mode is because it aint real. I am perfecting stradegies in practice mode whilst in play having had lots of losses through being live. You should do the same and only use it for stradegies. For instance you could put a £20k back bet in whilst in practice mode and it will get matched more or less straight away. This would probably never happen when live because remember there has got to be some one laying £20k to match you. The speed you get matched in live and practice can not be compared, dont fall into the trap. To the others that replied to your post - come on guys give a newbie a break you needed it once upon a time! More traders that learn mean we all have a better chance of being matched in what ever we do and being niave means that your personnal super human stradegies can exploit us niave ones ;) ;)
OnGoldWires

The key difference between practice and live is that your bets and lays effect the market. Practice bets cannot effect the market, because they are not in the market.

I suspect, although I do not use the strategy myself, that some money is placed in the market with the intention that the money stay unmatched and give the impression of false demand. That explains why some markets run in the opposite direction that the WOM would predict. When the market starts moving, so does the money!!
mugsgame

Any bets you submit are controlled by Betfair's in play rules. I have never had a problem with Bet Angel submitting bets in 8 years of using it.
steven1976

why on football is it sometimes up to 24 seconds? Is it if a bet is placed much further away from the money? I really dont play much inplay but I thought id noticed sometimes up to 24 seconds delays. As I say, never really took much notice but never understood why certain times bets seem to take different times in the same market.
6thSense
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

If your back bet is below the minimum then Bet Angel has to carry out several operations.

Firstly it has to place the bet at 1000 for £2. This takes 8 seconds. Note if the price is already at 1000 then betting below the minimum is not possible.

Secondly it has to adjust the stake to add your odd amount. For example, an adjustment to £2.50. This takes another 8 seconds.

There are now two bets in the exchange - one at £2 and one at £0.50.

It has to cancel the £2 - this is instant.

Finally it also has to adjust the £0.50 to your desired price. This takes another 8 seconds.

Total: 24 seconds.
henryluca

Inplay only with an automation rule that works for you...otherwise you will miss the boat
LeTiss

trader999 wrote:That's right! On my 7 days trial using Betangel there was no delay at all. By watching the mini chart on a horse race you can see the refreshing speed at 200ms.
I can't believe I missed this post

:lol: :lol: :lol:
bapsky

Hi all
Not sure if this has been answered somewhere on the forum but i cannot find an answer to this query
So far I have set an footy automation to lay at a 30 tick below starting best market price and place back bet 60 ticks with offset bet with greening.
Q : Is there a setting i can use that only activates( triggers) the back bet only after the lay has been accepted?

Hope this is clear (Newbie in the house )

Thx
Martin
Dallas

bapsky wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:48 pm
Hi all
Not sure if this has been answered somewhere on the forum but i cannot find an answer to this query
So far I have set an footy automation to lay at a 30 tick below starting best market price and place back bet 60 ticks with offset bet with greening.
Q : Is there a setting i can use that only activates( triggers) the back bet only after the lay has been accepted?

Hope this is clear (Newbie in the house )

Thx
Martin
Here you go
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11817
bapsky

thx for that
I take it this setting is set in the automation parameters settings ?
Do i have to set the seconds delay ?

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”