New crypto-currency Stellar - giveaway: 6000 free Stellar

Long, short, Bitcoin, forex - Plenty of alternate market disuccsion.
Zenyatta

Interesting new cyber-currency 'Stellar'! Investors Stripe invested $US 3 million in the Stellar foundation in exchange for the creation of 2 billion Stellars (so 666 Stellars = 1 USD). The number of Stellars will be increased at a rate of 1% per annum thereafter.

The initial pool of Stellars are being given away! Everyone who signs up now gets 6,000 Stellars for free - I signed up via Facebook and I've received my 6,000 Stellars

I reckon its worth signing-up on the off-chance it gets popular. It's basically free money (6,000 free Stellars = $US 9 right now).

Link:
https://www.stellar.org/about/mandate/

What is Stellar?

Stellar is a decentralized protocol you can use to send and receive money in any pair of currencies. So for example, the protocol supports sending money in dollars and having it arrive in pesos.

How does this compare to Bitcoin?

The main differences between Stellar and Bitcoin are the following:
• Stellar is based on a consensus algorithm rather than mining. This means transactions confirm in a few seconds.
• The supply of stellar increases at a fixed rate of 1% a year.
• Stellar aims to let you transact in your currency of choice (fiat or digital).

The hope is that the stellar currency itself will be mostly a behind-the-scenes currency, and that the Stellar network will help provide more liquidity between currencies.
Euler

Tempted to launch my own currency
walshy

Do it, think the "Euler" has a bit of a ring to it!
Euler

I'm now looking for 'investor' I'll issue £1bn at £1 a pop. Demand is going to be huge, so I suggest you all buy a few 000's each.
marko236

You could put a picture of any Angel on one side of the coin and a picture of the Queens ass on the other side.
walshy

Euler wrote:I'm now looking for 'investor' I'll issue £1bn at £1 a pop. Demand is going to be huge, so I suggest you all buy a few 000's each.

fair enough sounds like a deal to good to be true :D
Zenyatta

Euler wrote:I'm now looking for 'investor' I'll issue £1bn at £1 a pop. Demand is going to be huge, so I suggest you all buy a few 000's each.
ha, ha madnesss isn't it? Believe it or not, the Stellar has really taken off ... over 51,000 sign-ups in the first few days,
https://www.stellar.org/stats/

It's already seen heavy trading on exchanges and now has a market capitalization of over $160 million! :shock:

This from the Thailand exchange:
https://bx.in.th/BTC/STR/
LinusP

http://www.kpmg.com/NZ/en/IssuesAndInsi ... dering.pdf

Interesting paper on virtual currency and money laundering..
One of the more publicly known attempts to hack Bitcoin operating systems occurred in April 2013 when MTGox Exchange underwent a series of attacks through Distributed Denial-of-Service. There has been speculation that security breaches have been caused as a means of manipulating the value of the currency in order to capitalise on the fluctuation in prices as a result of the publicity of a technology failure
steven1976

Has anyone on here ever actually received any money and turned it into cash from any of these bitcoins or similar stuff?

I'm in a position where I've been let down by the banking system and now im doing a small uturn and see a reason for these types of currencies. I don't trust them at the moment so unlikely to use it as a solution, but just curious if anyone has actually took receipt of a decent amount of cash through bitcoins or similar?

Return to “Trading Financial markets”