New Bet Angel Professional Beta 1.37 - API NG

Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Please could you send us a screenshot of what you are seeing as we can't escalate this with betfair without one. Where exactly are you seeing the 870 value on betfair?

I've gone on to betfair within a few minutes of your last message and both Bet Angel and betfair show the Last Traded Price as 950. As per screenshot attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tuco

I'm seeing exactly the same as you with the exception that the betfair 'Last price matched: 870.00' is what I see which is consistent with the graph which you will notice shows the end of the red line BELOW 900 ie 870.

I have also spoken to others who see the same as I do on BetAngel and not as you do.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

I think we've worked it out. We reckon you're still using betfair's OLD web site.

That is currently showing a Last Traded Price of 870 whereas their new site show's 950. The Total matched on the market is different too. They've probably changed the reporting rules between the two sites. The new site uses the same API as Bet Angel, which is why Bet Angel matches the new site.

So I think we've isolated that problem to something at betfair itself and not a problem with Bet Angel. It's times like this when a screenshot with a problem report is so valuable to us, we'd have been able to spot that you were using the old betfair web site to gather your information.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gutuami

as additional info this is what I see on betfiar site without logging 11:53 uk time
gutuami

this is from new site 3min later
Tuco

Yes I'm using the old betfair site. What is interesting is that BOTH your old and new graphs show the LTP as still being 870, so it appears there is a problem with the new API especially as the LTP on Rory McIlroy did not change on BA for a week (and no doubt not on the new BF site) when thousands were being matched up to and into the 1.6's. A week after the SPOTY shortlist was announced, the LTP eventually corrected itself on Rory, so it is clear and without question that the new API cannot be relied upon for the LTP value.
Tuco

It also explains as to why the values on IACGMOOH can be different on each of my two PC's when switched on at different times - both of course still being inaccurate when compared to betfair. The only conclusion is that the new API has bugs and requires updating as this problem did not exist under he old API.
Tuco

To conclude, I would summise that the problem lies with the new BetFair API and not with BAP v1.37.5 so if you could speak with and advise Betfair of this problem it will help us all. Many thanks :)
Euler

I trust the API with at millions a week, but don't trust Betfair's web site at all as there are known issues. For example your P&L will differ there due to known errors with rounding which Betfair have not fixed. I trust the API and Bet Angel because I have to shovelling through the money I do.
Tuco

please then expalin Peter as to why each of 2 PC's are showing different data results for the IACGMOOH screenshots sent to [email protected] last night. If the new API was stable then the info on each PC would always be the same - they are not the same which suggests BetFairs new API is faulty - if you speak with support they will show you the screenshots. I'm looking at the two PC's right now and the net stakes, one-touch green-up button and P&L trading columns are NOT THE SAME!
Tuco

I trust Bet Angel but I do not trust the new Betfair API as I'm seeing false results on a daily basis.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Tuco wrote: the new API cannot be relied upon for the LTP value.
We are awaiting confirmation from betfair, but it is thought the the new site and API accounts for all aspects of cross matching whereas the old site doesn't. So the new site volumes and prices are slightly more correct than the old.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Tuco wrote: for the IACGMOOH screenshots sent to [email protected] last night.
That explains why we haven't seen them. They need to go to [email protected]
Euler

Tuco wrote:I trust Bet Angel but I do not trust the new Betfair API as I'm seeing false results on a daily basis.
If you send us clear and concise information we will happily investigate. We just need to be able to replicate them, then we can investigate them properly.

If there are any issues out there we want to know.
Tuco

Last nights screenshots email has been re-sent to [email protected] - my email program auto chose 'The Bet Angel Team' which had [email protected] underneath. If there were no problems with the new API then both laptop screens would always show the same results but they do not as per the screenshots. All open bets were cancelled in the IACGMOOH winner market before taking the screenshots. To repeat, this market has not been partially settled an no runners have been removed from it. Hope they help in at least someone believing what I said the screens all show. I verily believe the problem lies within the new betfair API.

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”