Can I place a back bet with BA say at 1.5 prior to in play

Share your automation file with other users.
dawlish

Hello Guys

Where on BA can I place a back trade at let's say 1.5 pre race and keep in play.
I know Betfair will always get you the best price available at the time of placement.
I nearly cocked things up the other day by placing a back trade on a fav in the manual section.
Setting it to take1.5 in play for £50 it took the trade at 3.9, luckily I got out and scratched the trade.
Is their a way round this ?

Thanks

Dawlish
marko236

dawlish wrote:Hello Guys

Where on BA can I place a back trade at let's say 1.5 pre race and keep in play.
I know Betfair will always get you the best price available at the time of placement.
I nearly cocked things up the other day by placing a back trade on a fav in the manual section.
Setting it to take1.5 in play for £50 it took the trade at 3.9, luckily I got out and scratched the trade.
Is their a way round this ?

Thanks

Dawlish
No way round it fella, i spent a good while trying to make an inplay bot and that was one of the problems i tryed to get around, if a price looks like it's going to head towards 1.5 all you can do is risk going for it but as you posted the market price can jump in the blink of an eye, you just have to take that into account with your stratagy.
JollyGreen

Hi Dawlish and Marko

This can be done, I think you are approaching it incorrectly. All you need to do is set up a condition to ensure the price is trading <1.51 i.e. at your target price of 1.5 Bet Angel will then only trigger the rule if that criterion is met.

I just created a simple rule and used the following

The bet will apply to the horse on position 1 Betfair order sorted by favouritism. That will always be the first horse to reach 1.5 pre-race or in play.

Start the rule 5 hours pre-race and 1 hour after start time. This is just a cover all time and you can alter it easy enough.

Ensure the selections back price is trading at <1.51 i.e. 1.50

I added another line to say "Keep all unmatched bets" so if it is not matched pre-race then keep it for in-play.

I tried it on today's racing and it seems to work. I have attached a screen shot and you can clearly see only one horse has a price <1.51 pre-race and the software has backed it. If you look at the matched bets column you can see no others have been matched and I have applied this rule to all markets.

I have attached the rule for you guys to try but please test it thoroughly in Practice Mode to ensure it works and suits your needs.

Good luck

JG
Back 1.5 keep.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
marko236

Hi Jolly.

I think Dawlish is looking to back 1.5 when the market price is above 1.5.
JollyGreen

marko236 wrote:Hi Jolly.

I think Dawlish is looking to back 1.5 when the market price is above 1.5.
Yes but as you can see in the screenshot it will only back if the price reaches 1.5. I can see no reason why anybody would want to back at 1.5 if >1.5 is on offer? :shock: :shock:
marko236

I think i understand now Jolly, so does this stop the trade taking a higher price as happened to Dawlish?
JollyGreen

Hi Marko

Yes, the software will hold all bets until the price trades <1.51 If you look at the screenshot only one bet has been placed and that is on a horse at 1.45 so it meets my criterion of <1.51
The rest have no bets placed despite the rule being applied to them.

JG
marko236

About a year ago i spent ages trying to do this, i think i should of just asked! :lol:

As your example shows Jolly you got matched at 1.45 what if this is to low and you need it to get matched at the very lowest 1.48 can this be done?

Sorry about keeping going on about this when something catches my interest i'm worse than Jeff about going on about it :D
JollyGreen

The rule is set for best market price so if trades <1.51 the software will take what is on offer. You can set it to ask for 1.48 1.49 or 1.50 but my experience tells me you can often struggle to get a match as it drops too quickly. You can always tweak it but that is why I said to test it. This is very difficult to get right because the "clock beaters" are lumping in large stakes to back a potential winner and they often get it wrong. That means you join them in the loser column!

JG
marko236

Thanks for your help Jolly, need to look at some of my old automation and try it out.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Shared files”