Detecting whether a SP favourite has lost favouritism

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
ricardodeano

As per usual, please excuse my ignorance if I have missed this setting in the automation :)

I have a rule which that places a back bet and takes the SP at event start time. I then look to green if I hit £x profit. However, I'm looking to see if there's any way I can green up when the selection has lost favouritism in running?

I can set the green all with a green all profit / loss condition but I don't seem to be able to spot if I can activate this when this selection has lost favouritism

Any ideas?
Dallas

If you know and therefore able to Nominate the horse your likely to be placing a SP bet on in advance you could set the loss part like this

Rule Type
"Close Trade on Selection with Greening"
"Applies to Selection" By Nomination (Guardian Nominated Selection 1)

Conditions
"Close Trade Profit Condition"
£X
"Relative Odds Condition"
Selections last traded price is "Greater than"
the Last traded price
Of "by Positions (Sorted in order of favourtism) 1
Plus "X" Ticks/Odds

NB: Providing you are only placing one back bet and taking SP (IE no other pre-race trading there may be another way you can do it without having to nominate)
ricardodeano

Hi Dallas

Thanks for the tips.

Unfortunately, without looking at the markets manually, I won't necessarily know the favourite so not sure nominating is the way forward.

I guess I could use the by betfair row index. I'll have another play.
Dallas

You ll have the same problem using the row index unless your always backing the same row, you could try using matched bets amount but as per my first post this is only really possible with none/little other activity you do before placing your SP bet.
ricardodeano

That's fine Dallas. It's only me thinking out loud anyway really so thanks for the advice.

I think I may just stick to my simple back to laying rule I've got from the Betfair data :)

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”