New beta version of Bet Angel v1.43.1

Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

A new version of Bet Angel is available: -

Download it from here: -

http://www.betangel.com/securedownloads ... _beta1.exe

The main feature of this version is the introduction of customisable keyboard shortcuts. Many areas of code have required small changes to support this feature and as such this version is initially being released as a beta. We have tested and used this version for a fair time, and not seen any issues, but you can never be too sure. If you see any problems, please feed back on this thread.

Key changes are: -

Keyboard Shortcuts editor. This is accessed via Behaviour tab of Settings. Create multiple profiles each with different keystroke assignments. Many are context sensitive (i.e. track the mouse). There are about 60 shortcut actions available that you can assign to keystokes (some are parametrised so the same action can be assigned to multiple keys with different parameters).
Actions cover the following types of operation: Display of Bet Angel screens, Bet Modification and cancellation, Trade closure and greening, Staking, Ladder and One-click settings.
Bet Angel's layout & settings profiles can also be assigned to keyboard shortcuts making the switch from one profile to another even quicker.
If required you can assign multiple actions to the same shortcut key. e.g change the stakes of 6 ladder presets with a single keystroke.
When capturing a keypress, combinations of Ctrl, Alt & Shift are supported in conjunction with the usual alphanumeric keys.

Also on behaviour tab: 'Prevent trade closure bets being placed on selections priced >= x'. This was a customer request. Blocks the trade closure just before it's sent to Betfair if it's over the price limit and instead writes a note to the log. This would typically be used to prevent a green-up bet being placed at 1000 (which risks wasting most of the minimum stake when trading with small stakes). However the threshold can be changed to exclude lower priced closure bets if required.
On the staking tab: A choice has been added to control when to apply 'Default Stake' changes.... either immediately or when switching to the next market.

Ladder settings: Selection Volume option added to Ladder header and footer (two display styles).

Automation enhancements: Number of Matched Bets and Number of Unmatched Bets conditions can now apply to the current selection, the whole market or any nominated selection.
A new Race Distance condition has been added

Search Markets enhancement: The ability to use the keyword NOT has been added to the search criteria (which works alongside the previously supported OR and AND keywords).
serqan_

bet delay still not added :(

why not?

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=11258
phil

The volume and percentage in the ladder is handy addition but do we really need the pound sign and the brackets. With my setup if the volume goes over the 100,000 I already lose the last bracket,to remove these would leave a much cleaner look, we dont have £ signs in the stake boxes and anyone not sure what currency it is can see from the total matched line above. Thanks
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

serqan_ wrote:bet delay still not added :(
Don't worry, a solution to this is on the development stack. Everything is properly planned and features are added in a way that is flexible and moves the product forward for everyone. Looking at the thread, the suggestion was made just six weeks ago and got support from 8 people.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

phil wrote:...With my setup if the volume goes over the 100,000 I already lose the last bracket,to remove these would leave a much cleaner look...
Please could you send in a screenshot of your setup, there should be plenty of room for £100,000 even with the brackets. The value in brackets is the percentage of the total market volume.... something that we have been specifically asked for many times. We'll look at the options when we see the screenshot.
andrejt

Bet Angel wrote: Don't worry, a solution to this is on the development stack. Everything is properly planned and features are added in a way that is flexible and moves the product forward for everyone. Looking at the thread, the suggestion was made just six weeks ago and got support from 8 people.
Great that this will be implemented in the future ;)

Just curious, how many people must support a feature to get it implemented?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

It's just a cost benefit decision. The cost of development, testing, documentation updates, compared to how much it improves the product as a whole. Sometimes a change requested by a few people could confuse the majority of users and actually lessen the value of the product; causing issues for the support team.

We get many suggestions sent direct to us via the support ticket system. They all get noted, discussed and scored at the product design meetings and that helps prioritise the development stack. There are only so many hours in the day and the development staff are always busy. If we were to get a lot of support for the doubling of the subscription price so that we could scale up the development team then we'd be able to enhance the product more quickly, but that seems unlikely.
kerberus

Help! I'm being protected!
I'm using win 10 and I've tried with Admin mode etc. etc.......... Any ideas?
I am gonna try again on monday.GIF
I think I'll try some therapy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Click the 'More Info' text in the message and you'll be given further options for installation
kerberus

Ok will do
LeTiss

Hate Windows 10, it's the biggest pile of shit.....since....well Windows 8.1

I still have Windows 7 on my desktop PC and it's a much better operating system
Dallas

LeTiss 4pm wrote:Hate Windows 10, it's the biggest pile of shit.....since....well Windows 8.1

I still have Windows 7 on my desktop PC and it's a much better operating system
Im with you on that one!
andrejt

LeTiss 4pm wrote: I still have Windows 7 on my desktop PC and it's a much better operating system
Same here! I'm an IT guy and would *strongly* suggest all users to stay on Win 7 or install it if you don't have them ;)
Last edited by andrejt on Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andrejt

Bet Angel wrote:It's just a cost benefit decision. The cost of development, testing, documentation updates, compared to how much it improves the product as a whole. Sometimes a change requested by a few people could confuse the majority of users and actually lessen the value of the product; causing issues for the support team.

[...]
Thanks for the explanation. You're doing a great job, keep it up!
Tuco

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10969

...and hopefully someone at BA can look through the possible updates in the above 'In-Play Trader' Updates link in the near future.

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”