Greyhound Scalping and Trading

We've gone to the dogs.
cybernet69

If you want to scalp then the easiest is UK Greyhound markets around 2 minutes before the start. Just fill the price gaps below LTP and have a 1 tick offset. I will post a video latter so you can see how simple and safe it really is.
cybernet69

As you can see today is going ok so far. You will have loses but don't panic. Your biggest problem is going to be when/if your internet connection goes during an open trade.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
marko236

Nice going cybernet, looks like your getting a really nice profit.

I would say trading dogs is harder than horse's due to volume.

Well done.
cybernet69

marko236 wrote:Nice going cybernet, looks like your getting a really nice profit.

I would say trading dogs is harder than horse's due to volume.

Well done.
Thanks,

I personally think that Dogs is easier due to exploiting the price gaps on the first 3. No indicators, just fill the gaps. Also there are around 80 UK races per day. I only take a 1 tick offset/SL. The red ones so far today was due to my internet playing up. Its taken me a number of months to fully automate this although not with BA.
andrejt

Well done cybernet!

Any chance to put a short video online regarding the greyhound trading? :P
cybernet69

This is the rest of today's scalping results. A couple of red ones but nothing to worry about. Basically today my strategy was correct 89% of the time. Not bad. :o
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cybernet69

Today is going very slow....
Tommassi

cybernet69, I'm fairly new, what do you mean by 'LTP' ? Also, is your scalping for Greyhounds automated ? Does your automation check for no money waiting at these prices where the gaps are ?
cybernet69

Tommassi wrote:cybernet69, I'm fairly new, what do you mean by 'LTP' ? Also, is your scalping for Greyhounds automated ? Does your automation check for no money waiting at these prices where the gaps are ?
LTP means Last Traded Price. Yes, fully automated and looks for no money waiting in the gaps. So basically it becomes the market maker.
cybernet69

A few red ones but nothing to worry about...
pete15

hi . nice work! , how can you it read when no money there ? is it fired from excel through guardidan ?
Euler

Probably better to push this onto a greyhound thread?
cybernet69

pete15 wrote:hi . nice work! , how can you it read when no money there ? is it fired from excel through guardidan ?
Hi,

It's price gaps on the back side.

Example:

Back odds are: 4, 5 and 6. So, you lay at 4.5 and 5.5 etc. You effectively become a market maker for price gaps.
pete15

ah i see , but how do you know that there is no money in the boxes??

cheers
cybernet69

pete15 wrote:ah i see , but how do you know that there is no money in the boxes??

cheers
Because if there was then there would be a price there. If there is a gap then there is no price or money available. In the last 20 seconds of a greyhound market then market makers and others are trying to close out their positions and they will generally take any prices on offer. But because of the gap, we are at the front of the queue and get matched quickly. You cant do this on horse racing etc as the markets are too efficient and generally their are no price gaps.

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”