The fat fingers thread

The sport of kings.
spreadbetting

Looks like some of the % manipulators got caught out with this one. Looked as if it'd be a non runner then just popped in no problem :)

Untitled.png
tomallen123

spreadbetting wrote:Looks like some of the % manipulators got caught out with this one. Looked as if it'd be a non runner then just popped in no problem :)

Untitled.png
Wow, never seen anything like this before

Let me get this straight, it looked like it would be a non runner so people bet the price down to take advantage of the fact there would be a huge reduction as its' price before being withdrawn (although it wasn't) was 2.xx ?
mpendle

tomallen123 wrote:
spreadbetting wrote:Looks like some of the % manipulators got caught out with this one. Looked as if it'd be a non runner then just popped in no problem :)

Untitled.png
Wow, never seen anything like this before

Let me get this straight, it looked like it would be a non runner so people bet the price down to take advantage of the fact there would be a huge reduction as its' price before being withdrawn (although it wasn't) was 2.xx ?
I believe it is more a case of force the market into 2.xx in order to force the cross matching bot to lay all the others. The person who forced market in will have had backs on the rest of the field, get favourable backs matched (by cross matching bot) and none of them will be reduced in price as the reduction factor of the non runner was insignificant.
His big back of the outsider into 2.xx would have been voided leaving him just the favourable backs (and an all green book if staked correctly) on the rest.
spreadbetting

There would be no reduction in prices because it's reduction factor was 2.16% i.e. under the 2.5 but they'd be looking for the market to swell prices of the other runners to maintain that 100% either by cross matching or other markets makers. Because they'd be no reduction those 'enhanced' prices would stand at setttlement.

Price manipulation happens all the time non runners are known, thankfully it's usually cross matching that pays the price :P
tomallen123

Wow, I assumed the reduction factor would be based on the price of the horse when it was pulled out, not on a pre set figure.

Learn something new every day :lol:

Will keep my eye on this and see if I can take advantage in the future :P
gutuami

on the last of wolv 21:15 somebody just dropped a bet on an outsider. The reaction of price of the fav was just the oposite
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by gutuami on Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gutuami

fav
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
to75ne

thanks i just started looking and i could not work out what happend to the fav, i thought for a moment the betfair graphs had screwed up :lol:
gutuami

I had a few bets on the fav way out of the price range and they suddenly got matched. There are spikes on other charts also
convoysur-2

cork 27th march 3.55
gutuami

cork 16:30
convoysur-2

missed another one
tiha_patnja

how much money was matched? when ever I see something like that there is like 50€ at most. Never seen any big ones expect on screenshots from others
convoysur-2

some one had an early christmas.
convoysur-2

and more,

Return to “Trading Horse racing”