Bet Angel - Automation : Botty Challenges

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Post Reply
LinusP
Posts: 1444
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:45 pm

Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:51 pm

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:05 pm
sionascaig wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:13 am
Given that the betangel software can display the connection speeds with betfair, just wondering if in a future release they could be made available in automation conditions. This would allow you to send an alert, stop placing bets, attempt to close position. Would this help?
The problem isn't the connection speed it's the acknowledgement of bets being received or matched. Those messages can be delayed even if the stream is working perfectly. It's like the postman calling every day but you only get the flyers and not the letters.
How often do you see this? As it isn’t ‘normal’, ignoring outages I have no issues from the API, especially from the stream it is very quick in match updates.

User avatar
ShaunWhite
Posts: 3705
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:42 am

Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:20 pm

LinusP wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:51 pm
How often do you see this? As it isn’t ‘normal’, ignoring outages I have no issues from the API, especially from the stream it is very quick in match updates.
tbh I haven't seen it personally because I haven't gone live with my api stuff yet. It's just something i read in viewtopic.php?f=55&t=9319&p=107672&hilit=60#p107672

sionascaig
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:38 am

Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:56 pm

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:20 pm
LinusP wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:51 pm
How often do you see this? As it isn’t ‘normal’, ignoring outages I have no issues from the API, especially from the stream it is very quick in match updates.
tbh I haven't seen it personally because I haven't gone live with my api stuff yet. It's just something i read in viewtopic.php?f=55&t=9319&p=107672&hilit=60#p107672
It was the "responsiveness of calls to betfair when retrieving bets / prices" number(s) that I was thinking about. For me it usually sits around 30 to 50 ms but can go over 3500 - which is when I usually start seeing issues and switch to polling (and then see the response speeds)...

I'm not directly connected to a modem so connections for me is a bit of a weak spot... In terms of frequency not seen it for a while but is usually associated with a post on the "issues with betfair" thread - maybe that would give an indication of frequency?

(thanks for the postman example Sean - didn't appreciate that)

Still sounds to me that access to the responsiveness numbers maybe worthwhile from an automation point of view though as if there is a significant delay do you not still want to know about it?

Adriaan
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:09 pm

Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:30 am

PeterLe wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:44 am
Morning
Just a few thoughts...
On any bot, worthwhile looking a at the full bet history from your bet fair account (keep records even if yo make a subtle change). Extract to excel and analyse......then check to see if you had only placed the back bets or only placed the lay bets would you have been in profit? Can tell you a lot over the course of time
Also, if you do have to green up, only use the reverse setting..yes, you won't get everyone matched, but that will equal itself over time. Everytime you green at current odds, you are potentially throwing money away
Regards
Peter
Hi Peter,

I came accross your post and I have been experimenting with bots on football matches. I have used the reverse green up setting a few times. But when there's another goal my bet is removed and greening up won't work. When allowing the green up condition to fire more than once, my bot greens up multiple times.

Should I add another condition to my bot to prevent my bot from greening up multiple times?

User avatar
mcgoo
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:30 pm

Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:33 pm

Horse bot did better yesterday.Was $6 up at one point and I thought I was " off to the races"cough :shock: ;) ..then it dropped back to $1 overall over 69 markets. I found a glitch in the matrix though with my checkpoint match bets logic :geek: . It was hitting the checkpoint too soon and not cancelling unmatched bets like I planned. Cue unmatched bet time condition again.Amazing that it can run over that many markets and not get caned.Hopefully it continues to do better.Partial matches make for very defensive coding indeed. The possible scenarios hurt me head, but good fun. I am thinking about how to track a losing position...so no unmatched bets but where greening/off setting is unequal and a loss is increasing over time.Not sure if that is possible but will see how I go :ugeek:

sionascaig
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:38 am

Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:49 am

mcgoo wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:33 pm
Horse bot did better yesterday.Was $6 up at one point and I thought I was " off to the races"cough :shock: ;) ..then it dropped back to $1 overall over 69 markets. I found a glitch in the matrix though with my checkpoint match bets logic :geek: . It was hitting the checkpoint too soon and not cancelling unmatched bets like I planned. Cue unmatched bet time condition again.Amazing that it can run over that many markets and not get caned.Hopefully it continues to do better.Partial matches make for very defensive coding indeed. The possible scenarios hurt me head, but good fun. I am thinking about how to track a losing position...so no unmatched bets but where greening/off setting is unequal and a loss is increasing over time.Not sure if that is possible but will see how I go :ugeek:
Dallas posted an example bot a while back which used a time condition (and I think a signal) so that you don't automatically close a position due to a spike in price, i.e. the loss is temporary due to sudden change in price.... Maybe some ideas in that that you could use to track loss / profit.

User avatar
mcgoo
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:30 pm

Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:13 am

sionascaig wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:49 am
mcgoo wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:33 pm
Horse bot did better yesterday.Was $6 up at one point and I thought I was " off to the races"cough :shock: ;) ..then it dropped back to $1 overall over 69 markets. I found a glitch in the matrix though with my checkpoint match bets logic :geek: . It was hitting the checkpoint too soon and not cancelling unmatched bets like I planned. Cue unmatched bet time condition again.Amazing that it can run over that many markets and not get caned.Hopefully it continues to do better.Partial matches make for very defensive coding indeed. The possible scenarios hurt me head, but good fun. I am thinking about how to track a losing position...so no unmatched bets but where greening/off setting is unequal and a loss is increasing over time.Not sure if that is possible but will see how I go :ugeek:
Dallas posted an example bot a while back which used a time condition (and I think a signal) so that you don't automatically close a position due to a spike in price, i.e. the loss is temporary due to sudden change in price.... Maybe some ideas in that that you could use to track loss / profit.
Thanks for that-yes I recall.Will check it out. Was watching today and suddenly the bot stopped managing the bet properly.Not sure why but saw delayed clock entries in the log file..but it seemed to fail at covering the stop loss-which is a 'manual' (vs automatic offset)bet so am a little non-plussed right now.Am restarting the machine..non stop challenges :ugeek:

Edit: Found 2 glitches in the matrix :) and have adjusted accordingly. Seems to work better now but it's like herding cats ;) :ugeek: :ugeek:

User avatar
mcgoo
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:30 pm

Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:15 am

B**ger me I am still dealing with 2 closing bets placed in 1 second that stuffs profit. It is improving but my word cats herd etc :shock: :? :? :? Trying yet another defensive position :evil: :evil: :evil: :ugeek: :ugeek:

foxwood
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:54 pm

Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:15 pm

mcgoo wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:15 am
B**ger me I am still dealing with 2 closing bets placed in 1 second that stuffs profit. It is improving but my word cats herd etc :shock: :? :? :? Trying yet another defensive position :evil: :evil: :evil: :ugeek: :ugeek:
I used to run a "stop going in play" rule that suffered from that now and again - outstanding bet matched just as trying to green.

Solved it by running a CancelAll once only at 15secs and a greenAll at 13secs - never failed after that - maybe lost a couple of ticks on the green but better than hitting that extra bet.

Not sure how you would do that on making your own stop loss when pl < -£n. Maybe something like a rule to Cancel and also set a "GreenNow" signal to be actioned later on the next Guardian cycle by some other rule ?

User avatar
mcgoo
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:30 pm

Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:17 am

foxwood wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:15 pm
mcgoo wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:15 am
B**ger me I am still dealing with 2 closing bets placed in 1 second that stuffs profit. It is improving but my word cats herd etc :shock: :? :? :? Trying yet another defensive position :evil: :evil: :evil: :ugeek: :ugeek:
I used to run a "stop going in play" rule that suffered from that now and again - outstanding bet matched just as trying to green.

Solved it by running a CancelAll once only at 15secs and a greenAll at 13secs - never failed after that - maybe lost a couple of ticks on the green but better than hitting that extra bet.

Not sure how you would do that on making your own stop loss when pl < -£n. Maybe something like a rule to Cancel and also set a "GreenNow" signal to be actioned later on the next Guardian cycle by some other rule ?
Thanks for those comments. I had a rule that was dealing with greening at reverse prices vs current price, a rule to deal with partial matches and a checkpoint rule with partial matches and full matches in scope.I made a change that so far looks good but wow the brain got shocked like an over-trained pectoral ;) Will see how I go but as you say making your own stop loss is not trivial -especially when it needs to be scalable. :ugeek:

Edit: Going better so far but that 1.66 loss was due to another "2 fer" bet :roll: ..I think I am onto it though. Will see if things come out in the wash before changing.Said it before: what a time to be alive :D :shock: :ugeek: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Edit 1.5: Didn't come out in wash.Added a matrix glitch condition.c how we go :ugeek:
Edit 2: Of course what do you do when your opening bet has a fill or kill of 10 secs and after a partial match-then the opposing bet is placed with the correct stake to offset the opening trade- the balance of the opening bet gets matched 17 seconds after opening :shock: :? ...mmm weirdness. There is a green all rule in my future.Man this is full on :o :shock: :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Reply

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests