BA or my pc at fault?

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
dmbusa

For the last few weeks on a daily basis and multiple times a day, I have had what appears to be BA freezing, or at least the markets price updates for anything from 2 seconds to 20 seconds, then the prices go bonkers (*as do the charts) trying to catch up. During this period the charts continue to populate but are flat lines.

Any suggestions where I can look to see what is causing the issue, as I doubt it is the API playing up as there would be a heck of a lot more comments in that thread if it was.

I am using BA Professional v 1.50, ( issue was also happening before I upgraded as I thought the upgrade may sort the problem)

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and sophos antivirus

The only programs open are BA, and an excel spreadsheet that is not linked to BA and the AV software.
Euler

Right click the bottom bar and check task manager to see what is stressing your system. That may give you a clue. On one of my machines windows furiously pages the hard drive from time to time bombing performance. I'd start there to look for causes.
dmbusa

Thank you for the reply and suggestion, looking at the taskmanager at the time of the issue the CPU usage drops to less than 5 % then spikes to 100% as the issue resolves with BA at between 65 and 80% and the rest mainly the AV software
jimibt

hmm - check your inbox (or spam folder) for a message from betfair (bdp). it sounds an awful lot like the symptoms that i experienced the 2 times that I got my account api access suspended. if you are using practice mode and especially if using polling, rather than streaming, then the bdp team are very active in this department!!
Euler

dmbusa wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 3:13 pm
Thank you for the reply and suggestion, looking at the taskmanager at the time of the issue the CPU usage drops to less than 5 % then spikes to 100% as the issue resolves with BA at between 65 and 80% and the rest mainly the AV software
AV software is a notorious hog of resources. So I don't actually run any when trading.
Dallas

I have a separate windows profile that I log onto just for trading and have nothing else running on it, I've even stopped every non-essential program from running at startup (its amazing how much there can be)
LeTiss

Do you have Mcafee?

I do, and it's a constant source of issue for me, especially their real-time scanning.

Sometimes I have to disable this in order to sign into BA, otherwise I get serious timeout issues and can't log in
to75ne

on the machine i trade with i use windows defender and nothing else, i only have ba running and the bha site, occassionally the sporting life and this forum and thats it (and xl)
dmbusa

Thank you for all the helpful suggestions, I will change my pc setup later this evening and see how it goes tomorrow.
jimibt

here's a recording of what my setup was doing when the suspension issues were at play:

http://www.arblab.co.uk.temporary-domai ... 603-03.flv
http://www.arblab.co.uk.temporary-domai ... 344-12.flv

hope this at least allows you to remove this from your potential scenario list.
dmbusa

So today after much faffing about with windows 10, I traded in a new user profile with the absolute bear minimum required to run the pc, so no AV etc. and I still had the 2 to 20 second period where the markets where not being updated,

my thoughts are,

I have a hardware issue with the pc
I have a issue with the router/hub
there is an issue with the broadband supply

But how I dig into this to find out what / where the problem is I am stumped

Return to “Support”