Betfair exchange : Transaction Charges Changes

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
ShaunWhite

Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:55 pm

Euler wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:16 pm
Betfair don't treat their customers anywhere near the same level as, say, financial markets. So it's natural for people to vent I think?
It's natural but is it advisable? They're a long way from ideal partners but until there's an alternative I'm their biggest fan, even if it is through gritted teeth. Besides I want the exchange to grow so I try to emphasise the good and downplay the bad. If I thought being tough on them would help it do that instead, but I don't have that influence, so I'll carry on kissing their arse and accepting the perks however small. I can see how you're not so impressed after all you've done for them, but I'm still at the stage where a few promo gifts in the post or the offer of extra goodies in my api buys my allegence :)

Euler

Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:00 pm

I think it's so stark for me as I pay a tiny fraction of my Betfair commission to brokers and others in financial markets and get treated like a king. But the way they promote those who aren't successful and pay virtually no commission. You sort of end up funding that and it makes me feel uncomfortable as it feels little removed from a traditional bookie. Anyhow this is a completely different conversation I think.

I wasn't talking specifically about me anyhow. I just think they could do so much better. But I get your other points.

ShaunWhite

Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:21 pm

Comes down to competition I guess, brokers are 2 a penny but Betfair know they've got you by the short and curlys. There's a touch of taking established customers for granted and softening up new ones in most areas these days I'm afraid. Typically I'm just taking the opposite stance to most people, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

spreadbetting

Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:48 pm

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:55 pm
............ but I'm still at the stage where a few promo gifts in the post or the offer of extra goodies in my api buys my allegence :)
I've never been at the promo gift stage, what sort of goodies do you get in the post , Shaun.

I only recently had calls from my account manager because they were looking for people to provide liquidity in certain markets because of Corona shutting everything down.

eightbo

Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:10 am

Alright thanks Linus wasn't aware of that. Seems reasonable.

ShaunWhite

Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:21 am

spreadbetting wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:48 pm
I've never been at the promo gift stage, what sort of goodies do you get in the post , Shaun.

I only recently had calls from my account manager because they were looking for people to provide liquidity in certain markets because of Corona shutting everything down.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not in the league that's going to get the Betfair Rolex or even the Betfair Timex, and if I tell you it's just going to reveal what a cheap slut of a date I am. But I had a nice scarf in the winter which I thought was better than the standard notepad and pen, and a powerbank for my phone. Looks like the going rate for my affections is about 40 quid, I said I was cheap. :roll: Tbh I'm a bit cheeky when it comes to asking, when we met Neil back in January (weird to imagine that pub full now) he asked what they could do to improve things, I think it was Liam who asked for something clever and techy and being outclassed in that dept I just I said, 'more free merch?'. Lo and behold...

I don't think I'll get a special phone call asking me to put my 50 quid in the empty pools, kudos for that.

...i've tried twice before on here to blag a free BetAngel mug and.... nada. That chance to buy my loyalty has gone now, Peter would have to up the stakes to a BetAngel bobble hat next xmas to outdo Betfair's high quality and very nice subtle scarf ;)

CallumPerry

Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:53 am

I was chuffed when I received my notepad and pen a year or two ago. I felt proper important. My loyalty is worth a couple of quid obviously, I'm cheaper than you Shaun :lol:

Return to “Betfair exchange”

• Information