Spreadsheets speed

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
workpeter

Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:53 pm

This looks very interesting, thanks for share, ill have a play with this. :)

nigelk

Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:11 pm

Just for information.

I made a bot that would start running whenever the race description (B2) changed, as soon as it was detected that a new race was present, it ran a "new race detected" procedure that amongst other things, cleared the list old runners and re-populated with the new.

Very occasionally, I found that the code fired but no runners had been listed. Upon further investigation, it transpired that the code had run before the worksheet had been fully populated.

Wolf1877

Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:33 pm

spreadbetting wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:41 pm
Like I say I don't actually use it for my bots so only have access to the Betdaq version which I assume is basically the same. If you look at the target data it actually does 6 writes of data each refresh which is why Wolf1877's timings shows 6 separate entries when he uses an unrestricted worksheet_change event call

$A$1:$B$1
$G$1:$H$1
$C$2:$C$6
$F$2:$F$4
$A$9:$K$18
$T$9:$AE$18
My observations seem to indicate that the $C2:$C6 changes are done in the 6th batch of changes in the BetFair version.
I am confident in saying this as the C2, C3 values written into my flat file only got refreshed on the 6th record - probably good news for WorkPeter.
A developer might have "improved" the Betfair code without applying the same changes to the BetDaq version based on your findings.

• Information