The biggest Edge??

A place to discuss anything.
Bluesky

I think if I was in your position I would take the advice SHR gave you in his reply to your initial post on the 11th of August. That is to take PWs master class course. You have been trading for a year, and guys who have taken the course say you will get more out of it if you have had around that much trading experience.

Its none of my business what your financial situation is like but if money is a bit tight then:-

I think it costs £400 add maybe another £100 for transport and perhaps accommodation, so your looking at £500. You fund your trading via match betting. I match bet too and certainly don't consider an expert at it, but if I had to make £500 from match betting I could easily do it in less than a month without too much difficult.

So in your situation by now I would have that £500 ready and waiting and would have booked my place on one of the courses he is running in October.
Bluesky

Someone has just posted a link to this thread so I thought I would just provide a little bit more information. This is not a match betting site so I wont go into great detail, there is plenty of information freely available about match betting all over the net.

If your looking to fund some sports trading training, or put together a trading bank using match betting then its not that difficult to do. Match betting is much easier than sports trading, it does not take long to earn a couple of thousand pounds just doing the basic offers. Unfortunately once you have done most of the welcome offers then you need to work a bit harder.

There is good money to be made either doing each way arbing (very profitable but can be time consuming) or you can do what I do which is no lay acca insurance offers. These do have some risk as variance can be quite high and so I would not recommend anyone starting with these. In terms of time spent to profits achieved though, they tend to give the best returns, the last three months of the football season I was making around £50 per hour on average.

Unfortunately no bookie is going to let you get away with making that kind of money for very long. I have already been restricted on one account that I do these accas with, and I'm sure I will get the inevitable gubbings from the rest of my acca accounts before too long.

When I started match betting the plan was to make around £10k profit before all my accounts had gone. I'm currently not far off that target and so provided I don't lose all my accounts in the first couple of weeks of the footie season I should easily achieve that.
LeTiss

I had 14 accounts when I started, including some obscure companies like Expekt and Gamebookers. I made some great money early doors through Arbing, but only have 2 accounts left now. 12 of them shut me down, so I stopped, as I need the other 2 accounts in an emergency if there's a BF outage.

The problem is, it doesn't teach people how to trade. When the party is over, they are still none the wiser on how to make money through sports trading
ubetido

Hi

How's it going Davangel have you made progress?

Regards
Ubetido
oscar123

Matched betting should be banned in my opinion. It can't be far off the tipping point now where bookmakers are losing more money to all the bonus thieves than they are making from gaining new profitable accounts.

Bookmakers should put a stop to all these silly loss making offers and just get back to bookmaking.

I know you can argue that it helps create liquidity for the exchange, though most matched bettors seem to use smarkets nowadays, which is no help to any genuine traders/exchange punters.
Bluesky

oscar123 wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:15 am
Matched betting should be banned in my opinion.
Who exactly would you have ban it? No one puts a gun to a bookies head and tells them you have to provide welcome bonuses or money back second offers etc. Its a commercial decision they decide to make. If your worrying about the money bookies have lost to match bettors over the years then just think of the mug punters that have lost a lot more to those same bookies over that time.

I have no sympathy for bookies what so ever and the more money I can take off them the better I feel. They don't play fair, if you become and expert horse form reader just see how long your accounts will last when you start making money with them. They don't want long term winners on their books, if you have some kind of idea of what you are doing they will get rid of you, now that I think should be banned but it never will be.
Niko

Bluesky wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:31 am
oscar123 wrote:
Who exactly would you have ban it? No one puts a gun to a bookies head and tells them you have to provide welcome bonuses or money back second offers etc. Its a commercial decision they decide to make. If your worrying about the money bookies have lost to match bettors over the years then just think of the mug punters that have lost a lot more to those same bookies over that time.

I have no sympathy for bookies what so ever and the more money I can take off them the better I feel. They don't play fair, if you become and expert horse form reader just see how long your accounts will last when you start making money with them. They don't want long term winners on their books, if you have some kind of idea of what you are doing they will get rid of you, now that I think should be banned but it never will be.
Here here!!!

Matched betting has given me the bank, and continues to top up my bank while I learn to trade, without endangering the domestic account. If anything should be banned, it's bloody bookies!!
bennyboy351

Niko wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:23 am
Bluesky wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:31 am
oscar123 wrote:

Here here!!!

Matched betting has given me the bank, and continues to top up my bank while I learn to trade, without endangering the domestic account. If anything should be banned, it's bloody bookies!!

LOL If you ban the Bookies, you won't be able to top up your bank! But I DO know what you mean! ;)

Return to “General discussion”