Desk Location (Trading Teams)

A place to discuss anything.
workpeter

Google "wisdom of the crowd" ;)
StellaBot

Alan Potts against the crowd ?
workpeter

Ok. but both ideas are not mutually exclusive, because 'wisdom of the crowd' requires that each decision is completely independent and not influenced by others. So applying it directly to market trending isn't going to work, but getting 20 experienced guys in a room all making a back/lay decision on a piece of paper, then tallying it up at the end would yield better decision (in theory).
Last edited by workpeter on Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
workpeter

Read some snippets of that book. I like the principle on which it is based. It resonates with Warren Buffets "“Be Fearful When Others Are Greedy and Greedy When Others Are Fearful”"
trader44

however I talk to myself with worrying regularity - I sometimes feel that Ive turned into Jack Nicholson on his way to the hotel bar in 'The Shining'

haha i can relate to this statement. i cant believe how much i actually talk to myself either telling myself off out loud like( you f*King stupid c**T )or saying out loud ( hold it hold it) having laid one ir and waiting to get out higher . its very common among traders to to waffle on to themselves in my experience /also this is the maddest job i have ever done :D
stueytrader

Like this posting/topic - prob resonates with anyone who has traded fairly seriously.

There are other professions that can be lonely (as said previous here), but sitting at home doing this can easily become very solitary if you let it. It can also make you solitary around other family members if you let it (too busy, can't listen now etc) which I think is dangerous. Balance is the key, as in so many things in life.

Return to “General discussion”