Melbourne Cup

Zenyatta

One of the few races I might still punt on... I'm confident that tomorrow might just be Maluckyday at big odds. Another famous Zenytta betting coup :D
Zenyatta

CHAMPION jockey Jim Cassidy, never short on confidence, said simply: "I can win it!'' This was how Cassidy summed up his chances aboard Maluckyday in the Emirates Melbourne Cup (3200m) at Flemington today.
Maluckyday is rated the best local hope to repel a powerful international squad that includes French champions Dunaden and Americain, the winners of the last two Melbourne Cups.

But Cassidy, already a two-time Melbourne Cup winner on Kiwi (1983) and Might And Power (1997), believes he is on a stayer that can deliver him another win in the race that stops a nation.

"It's 15 years since I won the Cup on Might And Power and Maluckyday is (TAB) number 15,'' Cassidy pointed out. "He is probably my best ride in the race since Might And Power.

"You don't get many chances to win this race and I know my horse is a live chance. I can win it.''
Euler

I'm really interested to see how this meeting plays out this year. I'm perplexed at how strong volumes have remained despite the turnover tax.
andyfuller

Do you still find it possible to trade the Australian markets for a profit Peter, given the changes Betfair have made?
Euler

No
Euler

Big drift on Americain.
Euler

£3.5m traded. Betdaq was hopeless!

Return to “Australian”