Greening up - order of precidence

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
jimibt

All,

I'm sure this afflicts quite a few folk but is normally not a contentious issue. Today, I've had 3 green ups occur that have turned potentially +ve trades into negative trades (albeit by a small amount). I have identified the culprit and wondered if anyone had a solution to the issue.

Basically, I have a strategy that places a few back bets to get the ball rolling. If a target number is met, then greening up occurs. However, in the 3 rogue cases, the 1st bet to green up was the runner in position #1 (i.e. the leading horse). However, due to this order of precidence, it left 2-3 other bets unmatched (2 of which turned back and greened up fine). The remaining unmatched bet caused the trade to return a small loss. Now I understand that the greening is indiscriminate and pushes all the bets out at the same time and the matching is done as and when available to happen.

I was naively wondering if there was an option that allowed the greening to happen in a chunked out order, whereby if there was a bet in 1st place, it would be greened last, rather than in the same instant (i.e. reverse odds greening - highest to lowest).

I know this is cloud cuckoo, but if you don't ask...!! :D
shakespeare

Do you mean that you want to first green out the selection that's most at risk of turning red? And only if that's matched will you green out the next selection?

I suppose there is one fiddly way to do it; though, like so much else in Guardian, it's liable to strange behaviour sometimes. Here's my take:

1. Set a signal when your greening criteria are met.

2. Use a succession of "Close trade on selection with greening" rules. Each rule only fires if the signal is set and if there are no unmatched bets. Each rule is for "Any selection". In the first rule you use the condition "Close trade profit condition" and specify "trading profit with greening > N and <= (N+1)". You set N=1 in the first rule, N=2 in the second rule etc. or whatever other sequence of N values you like.

The above should ensure that when the signal is set, the selection with the lowest profit gets greened first. You'd also need to set a signal in each trade closing rule and check in the next rule that it has been set, to prevent Guardian from firing all rules at once before your first closing trade has started to show up as an unmatched bet.

See what I mean? I haven't worked this out in detail 'cos unfortunately I don't have a winning strategy to hand like you do. :lol:
jimibt

thanks shaky, i'm willing to give anything a try as this little bug bear is depriving me of my glory :D. that said, i'll no doubt implement it incorrectly and end up in a worse position -lol
shakespeare

If you're going to try my suggestion then you'll need to set a signal in every trade closing rule and then check in the next one that the signal was set between 1 and 999 seconds ago. That's because the closing bet placed by the first closure rule won't be visible to the second rule until 1 second later, because of the 1-second delay in-play. You don't want the second rule to think that there is no unmatched bet from the first rule and go ahead and place the second closing trade too soon.
jimibt

shakespeare wrote:If you're going to try my suggestion then you'll need to set a signal in every trade closing rule and then check in the next one that the signal was set between 1 and 999 seconds ago. That's because the closing bet placed by the first closure rule won't be visible to the second rule until 1 second later, because of the 1-second delay in-play. You don't want the second rule to think that there is no unmatched bet from the first rule and go ahead and place the second closing trade too soon.
gotcha and once again, one of those little caveats that one needs to be aware of...

i'll keep you posted on how it all goes (as and when i can steal a moment to try it)

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”