£25 a day - A beginner's journey

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.

Every day is a new day.. smile and the world will smile with you..
Last edited by 007 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

..thread continued here in the horse racing section..
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6938
tweebie1999

Here's my experience on trying to make regular money from Betfair. The word is discipline.

Firstly , no way can you make money long term by laying long shots, one will eventually win and take a large chunk of your bank. I and lots of others have done it. So forget it! Laying favourites is more worhtwhile but you have to put the reaserch in and get to know the horses so you can make an informed decision. You cant do it based on stats.

Secondly backing horse for profit can be done but you need to do the research, have great money management, not chases losses, look for value bets and have patience.

Thirdly, pre race trading. It has taken me 3 years to get to the stage where I can more or less see how the markets are likely to move and have a basic understanding. Also I have gone through several trading banks which I have put down to the price of learning. After all if you go to University it will cost you a lot more. So as many others have said on this formum there is now easy way, it takes time and patience and education.
I am going on Peter Webb's masterclass next month so I can't see why people complain that there is no info for newbies as there clearly is. It just costs money as does anything worthwhile.
gstar1975

freddy wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:29 pm
Ok Maybe i should have said hired some tools from a tool hire center then :) , there are plenty of youtube videos on how to do D.I.Y too, but it takes a long time to be a expert that's the point.

the trouble is allot of newcomers seem to want a click and win strategy :? (not saying you do).

But Trading does not work like that, it's hard work.

i make a living mainly from
scalping / swing trading on the horse racing market pre race. althoe i do take a more long term view of the market these days than what i used to.

Most people that know this think i have some sort of secret im not telling them, but i do not, it's all in the videos you've already watched.

The only thing that's missing is experience, which you don't get from books or videos.

I started off 6-7 years ago from where you are now and i learn't the hard way myself, just make sure the lessons arn't to expensive.

If you would have posted on here you were laying outsiders / favorite blindly,
i would have advised you not to do it,
if you don't have not edge you will lose.

alot of the things you have written off in you earlier post however do work in certain circumstances with the right filters, you carn't expect to win every time winning more than you lose is all that important.
How much is the course with PW?
Bluesky

gstar1975 wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:12 pm
freddy wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:29 pm
How much is the course with PW?
I don't think freddy still uses this forum his last post was nearly 3 years ago. I think I have read somewhere that the cost of the course is about £400 but this information may be out of date and it could be a little bit more by now.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”