Today's Greyhounds

We've gone to the dogs.
ODPaul82

Dallas wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:37 pm

Nice title you've given the chart :lol:
They do say aim high, just need to clean the ceiling...
Kai

MemphisFlash wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:35 pm
Thought i would start a greyhound challenge as a lot of people still think you can't make money
on the greyhounds.
With no challengers around it seems fitting to crown Elvis the King of Greyhounds 👑

Surely a celebratory whiskey and cigar is in order, with the King of Rock and Roll playing in the background : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYwDUonrGFQ
MemphisFlash

Kai wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:44 pm
MemphisFlash wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:35 pm
Thought i would start a greyhound challenge as a lot of people still think you can't make money
on the greyhounds.
With no challengers around it seems fitting to crown Elvis the King of Greyhounds 👑

Surely a celebratory whiskey and cigar is in order, with the King of Rock and Roll playing in the background : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYwDUonrGFQ
+1
chasgeez

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:57 pm
chasgeez wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:52 pm
sniffer66 wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:31 pm

The Racing Post Greyhounds site has a free hidden, API, with historical information on previous cards. I can't off the top of my head remember how far back it goes but it's easier to get the data via the API than scraping. PM me if you want a list of the endpoints I'm aware of
Ah ok thank you very much I will have a look into that
No idea of your experience but data is unless you know some rigorous techniques for analysising it. Otherwise you end up with bs like trap 1 seems to win a lot so I'll bet on it.
Bit more advanced than trap biases, seems to be working so far as well surprisingly!!! I guess it isn't totally data driven because you have to ignore certain runs like if dogs found loads of trouble and will be clear this race and vice versa. I mostly use it to highlight dogs I want to back/lay at a price
ShaunWhite

chasgeez wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 1:39 pm
Bit more advanced than trap biases, seems to be working so far as well surprisingly!!! I guess it isn't totally data driven because you have to ignore certain runs like if dogs found loads of trouble and will be clear this race and vice versa. I mostly use it to highlight dogs I want to back/lay at a price
Fair enough and that sounds like the best of both worlds. I'm probably emphasise being rigorous because I only use the data, i'm not into spending time everyday looking at things, I don't even set it up each day.
chasgeez

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:12 pm
chasgeez wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 1:39 pm
Fair enough and that sounds like the best of both worlds. I'm probably emphasise being rigorous because I only use the data, i'm not into spending time everyday looking at things, I don't even set it up each day.
Interesting I initially set out to do that but thought I could be more profitable with a bit of my own input. I don't have to spend to much time though as it only flags up 10-20 possible bets per day.
ShaunWhite

chasgeez wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:00 pm
Interesting I initially set out to do that but thought I could be more profitable with a bit of my own input. I don't have to spend to much time though as it only flags up 10-20 possible bets per day.
The addition of grey matter definately improves your edge considerably, but I replace that with brute force and settle for a (much) smaller edge. I do about 900 uk and aus dogs and horses a day by comparison.
MemphisFlash

another good day so far
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jimibt

MemphisFlash wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:20 pm
another good day so far

Capture.PNG
this is becoming a weekly occurrence ;)
MemphisFlash

£300 in 100 races,
not as good as previous one
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Emmson

MemphisFlash wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:23 pm
£300 in 100 races,
not as good as previous one

Capture.PNG
Superficially that looks great Memphis but you have a bit of history on here so some may be sceptical.
ShaunWhite

Last 5 Augusts for UK greyhound racing
Screenshot_5.jpg
And the last 4 for Australian greyhounds
Screenshot_6.jpg
iggypop37

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:23 am
Last 5 Augusts for UK greyhound racingScreenshot_5.jpg
And the last 4 for Australian greyhoundsScreenshot_6.jpg
Yeah several people have mentioned the increase in UK dogs liquidity.

Anyone know why this might be (very welcome as it is)
ShaunWhite

iggypop37 wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:51 am
ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:23 am
Last 5 Augusts for UK greyhound racingScreenshot_5.jpg
And the last 4 for Australian greyhoundsScreenshot_6.jpg
Yeah several people have mentioned the increase in UK dogs liquidity.

Anyone know why this might be (very welcome as it is)
I'm not sure how they've noticed a 3% difference vs last August. Especially as it's been going down since April.

And it's worth mentioning that for August 2023 to equal August 2022 it would have needed to rise by almost 10% just to account for inflation.
Screenshot_5.jpg
napshnap

Does anyone know anything about the 6 runners/less than 6 runners ratio anomaly seen in recent months? So many races with nonruners. Is it weather or economy or rules changes related?

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”