Excel/ Guardian question

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
goldfinch77

Hi, been here nearly 3 years now.

I looked at Excel when I first started, it just looked too difficult, so I am going to try again.
I know nothing about VBA.

What I would like to do just for training, so that I can see how things work, is to place a back bet on the fav at 4 minutes before the off at a stake of £10 on every race I place into Guardian in the morning, (Approx 10)

I have read the manual and watched as many videos as I could.but I am still lost

Can anyone help me get started ?
conduirez

goldfinch77 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:51 am
Hi, been here nearly 3 years now.

I looked at Excel when I first started, it just looked too difficult, so I am going to try again.
I know nothing about VBA.

What I would like to do just for training, so that I can see how things work, is to place a back bet on the fav at 4 minutes before the off at a stake of £10 on every race I place into Guardian in the morning, (Approx 10)

I have read the manual and watched as many videos as I could.but I am still lost

Can anyone help me get started ?
One way of starting to learn excel VBA is to record macro's.

Open a blank workbook, click on menu option <View> and then select the Macro option on the right hand side and from the dropdown menu select <Record Macro> just leave the name the same should be Macro1, then just start typing in any cell "I am recording"

Go back to the same place you selected <Record macro> in the option menu <View> but this time select <Stop recording>.

Clear the cell you just wrote in while recording, go back to macro menu and this time select <View Macros> then select run, and then "I am recording" should appear in the cell you typed in before.

You can get more elaborate from there and AI helps with code.
goldfinch77

Is it getting that sophisticated, ?

I know Excel, nothing about VBA

I know how to do all the stuff in the manual, where I get stuck is how to load it in Guardian and move from one race to the next one also 4 mins before the start ?

Is there an easy fix to clear out all the status cells yet, it was all VBA 2 years ago.

Andy
conduirez

goldfinch77 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:38 pm

Is it getting that sophisticated, ?

I know Excel, nothing about VBA

I know how to do all the stuff in the manual, where I get stuck is how to load it in Guardian and move from one race to the next one also 4 mins before the start ?

Is there an easy fix to clear out all the status cells yet, it was all VBA 2 years ago.

Andy
I do not think it is more sophisticated, it is getting easier, but as for clearing spread sheets, you need a macro or sophisticated cell formulas.

You say you know excel, do you know how to use Excel formulas in cells? this is important, because if you cannot you will find things get really difficult trading, if you do not know VBA.

A lot of the guys add spread sheets for auto clearing the Bet Angel Excel worksheets, they are located in this area of the forum viewtopic.php?t=1879

Videos like this may help you, but as you say you have watched many, so you may have seen them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyP7GnwK-z8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpYgusRUb1E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO4E9CIcDac&t=276s

Apart from that, if none of the above help, then you may need to take a course, but for now, probably you would be best just to continue using Guardian.
goldfinch77

Thank you for the replies

I do know Excel and formulaes not all of course

I will have a look at what you suggested but honestly I agree with you, best stick to Guardian

Andy

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”