Updated beta version of Bet Angel v1.56.0 - Now on general release

Dallas

robchampion wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:02 pm
When in the Automation tab within Guardian: Apply rules (selected markets) adds the rule to whichever rules column is chosen from the dropdown, which is fine. However Remove rules (selected markets) doesn't just remove the rule from the chosen Rule in the dropdown, it remove all the Automation Rules from all columns. Is this correct?
If you right-click somewhere in the rules column in the main window you'll get the options to remove rules for all markets or just that column
Rules.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

robchampion wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:02 pm
When in the Automation tab within Guardian: Apply rules (selected markets) adds the rule to whichever rules column is chosen from the dropdown, which is fine. However Remove rules (selected markets) doesn't just remove the rule from the chosen Rule in the dropdown, it remove all the Automation Rules from all columns. Is this correct?
Hmm... that should probably only remove the rule from the column chosen in the picklist. I'll see if we can add an extra 'All' option to the picklist so that we can allow the removal to apply to just a single column or all of them.
As Dallas mentioned, there's the right-click menu to use for the time being.
caburch73

i ma have missed it but is there a way to show the book percentage for say the top 4 horses in the market rather than all of the market
Dallas

caburch73 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:34 pm
i ma have missed it but is there a way to show the book percentage for say the top 4 horses in the market rather than all of the market
Here is a rules file that will add up the book% of the front four

Book% Front Four.baf

The Stored Value name you need to enter into the 'Additional Information' area of the ladder or custom column settings area is;
book%
for the Market
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
caburch73

Dallas wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:19 pm
caburch73 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:34 pm
Here is a rules file that will add up the book% of the front four

Book% Front Four.baf

The Stored Value name you need to enter into the 'Additional Information' area of the ladder or custom column settings area is;
book%
for the Market
thanks Dallas works perfect
Gbryans92

Hi, I am pretty new to Bet Angel and trading IR.
I am trying to set up a servant and add it to a custom column that will place a lay bet on a chosen selection in play 8 ticks above the best lay price, then offset it by 24 ticks with greening, however, i only want the back bets fired into the market when my lay bet has been matched.

I do not know if I'm in the correct place but any help would be appreciated!!!

Thanks people!!
Dallas

Gbryans92 wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:40 am
Hi, I am pretty new to Bet Angel and trading IR.
I am trying to set up a servant and add it to a custom column that will place a lay bet on a chosen selection in play 8 ticks above the best lay price, then offset it by 24 ticks with greening, however, i only want the back bets fired into the market when my lay bet has been matched.

I do not know if I'm in the correct place but any help would be appreciated!!!

Thanks people!!
You just need to enable fill/kill on your lay bet rule,
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/off ... tages.html
Gbryans92

Hi,

Thanks for your reply!
Right so if I just created a custom column on the one click screen that places a lay bet custom ticks above the best market price, and just enabled global settings, tick the place fill or kill bets, my back bets wouldn’t get matched until my lay has been matched? How many seconds shall I do it for if I am trading IR but the main thing is I do not want my back bets matched until my lay bet is. Is it better for 0.5 seconds or a longer amount of time?

Thank you again! I appreciate it!
Dallas

Gbryans92 wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:29 pm
Hi,

Thanks for your reply!
Right so if I just created a custom column on the one click screen that places a lay bet custom ticks above the best market price, and just enabled global settings, tick the place fill or kill bets, my back bets wouldn’t get matched until my lay has been matched? How many seconds shall I do it for if I am trading IR but the main thing is I do not want my back bets matched until my lay bet is. Is it better for 0.5 seconds or a longer amount of time?

Thank you again! I appreciate it!
Thats correct, you can just enter any high number of secs for the fill/kill (ie, 999) if you want it to remain in the market until matched

If you need any further help with this its best to start a new thread to keep this one clear for discussion relating to the new features
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16838
goat68

Trying to use the Load SV from file, and keep getting this error, from file exported by the Export rule, any ideas please?
30/01/2021 15:44:25: [G_Auto 1] : Unable to process file. Please check the file's data format number. ( C:\Users\a\Documents\trading.csv )
30/01/2021 15:44:25: [G_Auto 1] : Unable to process file. Please check the file's data format number. ( C:\Users\a\Documents\trading.csv )
sniffer66

goat68 wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:07 pm
Trying to use the Load SV from file, and keep getting this error, from file exported by the Export rule, any ideas please?
Put a 1 on the very first row of the CSV, leave the rest of the row blank
It's detailed in the sample CSV but hard to spot. Caught me out as well
goat68

sniffer66 wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:21 pm
goat68 wrote:
ah thank you!
Odd that the csv generated by Guardian from the first Export didn't generate a valid csv for import, so seems it isn't circular,
thanks
goat68

sniffer66 wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:21 pm
goat68 wrote:
I made the blind assumption that a CSV export would be the same format as the import rule, but they are quite different.
Which is a shame really, because it would be nice for a SV from one market to be visible to another, so I could use a single CSV file to keep track of things like number of wins/losses, profit, etc...
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

goat68 wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:06 pm
I made the blind assumption that a CSV export would be the same format as the import rule, but they are quite different.
Which is a shame really, because it would be nice for a SV from one market to be visible to another, so I could use a single CSV file to keep track of things like number of wins/losses, profit, etc...
They are intended for completely different purposes.

'Export All Stored Values' is a dump of all the current values for a chosen market. The rows are time-stamped and new values are appended to the file. The main purpose being to help debug your automation rules to see what values changed & when they changed.

'Set Stored Values using a file' is a criteria based assignment of values. Where market name, selection name, selection row, market time can all be used as criteria. The idea is that you'd have one file to cover the entire day and use the criteria to determine whether particular rows in the file are relevant to the market currently processing it.
An example being a list a front running horses for the day and the prices at which you'd wish to trade them. You could write a generic trading rules file and use the information passed in via the CSV file to control how the rules act.
goat68

Bet Angel wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:38 pm
goat68 wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:06 pm
They are intended for completely different purposes.

'Export All Stored Values' is a dump of all the current values for a chosen market. The rows are time-stamped and new values are appended to the file. The main purpose being to help debug your automation rules to see what values changed & when they changed.

'Set Stored Values using a file' is a criteria based assignment of values. Where market name, selection name, selection row, market time can all be used as criteria. The idea is that you'd have one file to cover the entire day and use the criteria to determine whether particular rows in the file are relevant to the market currently processing it.
An example being a list a front running horses for the day and the prices at which you'd wish to trade them. You could write a generic trading rules file and use the information passed in via the CSV file to control how the rules act.
Thanks, that makes sense.

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”