Israel/Palestine conflict

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:26 pm
firlandsfarm wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:23 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:56 pm
I'm all for lighting up the Wembley arch in Israeli colours but I can't believe anyone is actually arguing about it. I think that one's beyond even me and firlandfarms. :lol:
I don't see what the Wembley arch has to do with it ... if we are neutral I assume we lit the Wembley arch in Palestinian colours when Israel conducted their retaliatory indiscriminate bombing raids, yes?
Maybe not then!
It's like the Brits superimposing the French tricolour over their photos etc. when there was a terrorist act in France ... did they superimpose the Union Jack over their photos when there were attacks in the UK, no. Why? Because it was fashionable to do it for France but nobody started a bandwagon for when there was an attack on the UK!
Derek27

firlandsfarm wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:45 pm
Derek27 wrote:
firlandsfarm wrote:

I don't see what the Wembley arch has to do with it ... if we are neutral I assume we lit the Wembley arch in Palestinian colours when Israel conducted their retaliatory indiscriminate bombing raids, yes?
Maybe not then!
It's like the Brits superimposing the French tricolour over their photos etc. when there was a terrorist act in France ... did they superimpose the Union Jack over their photos when there were attacks in the UK, no. Why? Because it was fashionable to do it for France but nobody started a bandwagon for when there was an attack on the UK!
Couldn't really care any less what colour they decide to light up the Wembley arch and I wasn't expecting to get into an argument about it!
Crazyskier

firlandsfarm wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:56 pm
I'm all for lighting up the Wembley arch in Israeli colours but I can't believe anyone is actually arguing about it. I think that one's beyond even me and firlandfarms. :lol:
You're doing it again! Just stop with this muddying of the waters, I beg. Hamas are a widely-accepted terrorist organisation who have beheaded infants in front of their Mothers!

There is no 'let's be neutral - these acts are not legitimate even when on a war footing, and your absurd nonsense about flying a Palestinian flag is sickening. Just stop, please.

CS
Archangel

One man's terrorist is another man's.... etc etc

How does one define a terrorist? One who causes terror ? The waters are indeed muddy
firlandsfarm

Crazyskier wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:17 pm
You're doing it again! Just stop with this muddying of the waters, I beg. Hamas are a widely-accepted terrorist organisation who have beheaded infants in front of their Mothers!

There is no 'let's be neutral - these acts are not legitimate even when on a war footing, and your absurd nonsense about flying a Palestinian flag is sickening. Just stop, please.

CS
Sorry @Crazyskier but do you think the Israelis are above propaganda? I don't recall I said the latest act is legitimate ... I think it is you who is muddying the waters by claiming I have said things I have not. You seem to want to claim that a neutral view cannot denounce terrorism. The whole point of trying to stay neutral is that you can see and assess the actions of both sides. I'm not defending the Palestinian's, all I'm saying is that Israel have not been blameless in the past and the Palestinians are reacting to what they see as the oppression imposed on them by Israel in the past ... I would have thought it would clear to anyone that does not mean I support their tactics.

I assume you have a personal interest in which case I am sorry for any distress I may have caused but I stand by my comments, they are without emotion and based on the full position and not just this latest encounter.
Last edited by firlandsfarm on Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
firlandsfarm

Archangel wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:32 pm
One man's terrorist is another man's.... etc etc

How does one define a terrorist? One who causes terror ? The waters are indeed muddy
A terrorist is someone who commits an act, usually of violence, on others for a cause you don't agree with. In other words one man's terrorist is another man's hero. For example ...

Nelson Mandela was a terrorist if you supported apartheid!
The Suffragettes were terrorists if you supported votes for men only.
... and to the Palestinians the Israelis are terrorists.

The list is endless in history ... one man's meat is another man's poison!
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:13 pm
firlandsfarm wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

Maybe not then!
Couldn't really care any less what colour they decide to light up the Wembley arch and I wasn't expecting to get into an argument about it!
How was my comment creating an argument?!! You really are delusional.
firlandsfarm

I don't know how accurate this article is but it sounds analytical and considered to me. Some may find it food for thought. https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck ... -on-israel
Derek27

firlandsfarm wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:13 am
Derek27 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:13 pm
firlandsfarm wrote:

How was my comment creating an argument?!! You really are delusional.
I didn't say they were. I said I wasn't expecting to get into an argument. I don't even know why you're quoting me. If you got something to say about colours and flags, just say it. No need to quote my posts and I'm not interested.
Derek27

Before the war, I didn't even know Gaza's dependent on Israel for electricity and gas. It really beggar's belief that they can attack the state that provides them with electricity and not see this coming.
jimibt

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:42 pm
Before the war, I didn't even know Gaza's dependent on Israel for electricity and gas. It really beggar's belief that they can attack the state that provides them with electricity and not see this coming.
i think it goes quite a way beyond the current moment. remember, of the 1m+ population in Gaza, probably only a few 1000 are actively involved in or support hamas. it's basically collective punishment for having the misfortune to be contained within your own land and held hostage to politics.
Derek27

I love the way Antony Blinken pretends to be interested in what the president of Israel is saying ... while he's talking in Hebrew. :lol:
Derek27

jimibt wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:46 pm
Derek27 wrote:
i think it goes quite a way beyond the current moment. remember, of the 1m+ population in Gaza, probably only a few 1000 are actively involved in or support hamas. it's basically collective punishment for having the misfortune to be contained within your own land and held hostage to politics.
I was just thinking, WTF's firlandfarm complaining about now when I realised it was you. :lol:
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:00 pm
jimibt wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:46 pm
Derek27 wrote:
I was just thinking, WTF's firlandfarm complaining about now when I realised it was you. :lol:
Sadly, I think Hamas knew full well what their actions would provoke. A lot of Gazan's that could leave, have left, 65% more some months year on year.
That tells you this is long planned and Hamas really don't give a toss for the average Gazan. The more I read about Gaza the worse it gets.
Internal militant violence, incompetent administration and constant pressure from Israel by controlling all vital resources.
The whole situation is as foul as a box of frogs.
But the solution? Lets all kill each other!!!!! I know I bang on about "man's
inhumanity to man", but what else can we do but howl at the moon. Too many of our "leaders" are <insert pejorative of your choice>!

EDIT: See what I mean?
"Every Hamas member is a dead man, Netanyahu says"
LeTiss

People should be worried, very worried......history often repeats itself

Muslims hate Jews as much as the Nazis did......and there are 3.8m living within the UK

Return to “Chill Out Area”