On the verge of giving up

A place to discuss anything.
neeeel

This was my 2nd day back at trading since I posted this thread, and I had a really good day, made 50% profit of the stakes I was using, which were only minimum stakes, so not all of it will be scaleable, but hopefully it shows that I am on the right track. I dont think Ive ever had a day with 50% profits at any stakes before.
andyfuller

Good to hear things are going well. Still recording and reviewing?
floyd

TheRiddler wrote:
Depends on the runners, numbers, etc. etc. No one strategy fits all. I concentrate on specific races because I know these will be the most profitable and usually the most difficult for the layman and betting market to understand.
I don't really like the combination of hard stats and horses although they are a launch point especially if those stats are used/married with your own stats/understanding of each entry within the market you're analysing. You can make big numbers just cherry picking races and not trawling the available markets each day.
If I've worked out a horse will vastly shorten then I will take positions knowing this fact even if that means backing ante-post. The same in reverse. If I think the market has certain runners incorrectly priced again I will follow suit.
The main thing is that by knowing your way around the market you will already have opened your jaws waiting for others to swim inside.
As traders/punters or a combination of the two we all have one aim and that's to earn money. We are able to do this from the poor judgement of others. The more you know the broader that band of poor judgement becomes for you to milk.
[/quote]

Thanks for your insightful reply.

Ian

Return to “General discussion”