RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
conduirez

Archangel wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:11 pm
The UK slipped into a technical recession at the end of last year, dealing a serious blow to Rishi Sunak’s pledge to “grow the economy”.
Just be careful until the ONS ratify the figures, they are so tight. That will be in a couple of months
Archery1969

UK GDP Growth forecast Figures since 1949. What does it tell us, nothing much, the lows below ZERO were predictable for various reasons as were the highs above 5%. Many economists and so called experts say that to cope with immigration, both legal / illegal, old age, shrinking tax receipts and varous other pressuers that the UK needs to consistently have highs above 10% over a decade or more. That would mean the UK out doing the USA and the rest of Europe combined assuming they remained stagnant over the same time period or grew at a much slower rate. Personally, i think thats for the crack smoking brigade. Lets be honest, the UK is a small island, with nothing much to offer its population or indeed the rest of the world, sadly, those times have been and gone. There is no magic wand to fix the NHS or housing crisis overnight, if only it were that simple. The young people who cant afford to rent or get a mortgage now wont be able to in 5, 10 or even 15 years time. One financial wizard suggested it would take £750 billion investment over the next 5 years to see any type of dramatic change for the young and old. If correct then that would suggest GDP needs to consistently hit 14% per annum from now until 2030. Something which has never been achieved since 1949 or whenever records began.

And dont forget the graph is forecast, the actual real figures are far worse!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

What shambles this country is in when we have to elect lifetime peers to the House of Lords, who despise the House of Lords, want to abolish it and need to get in there in order to do it?
Derek27

I bought a red onion and a brown onion a couple of days ago and put them in my food cupboard. Opened the cupboard today, two brown onions!!
Derek27

Halftime, some idiot or bot keeps cancelling their bet when I put one in front of them, triggering my safety servant to cancel my own!
greenmark

Navalny dies and no-one cares. What a total shit show!
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:32 pm
A lot of people care. People are risking arrest gathering to place flowers in his memory, in a public place.
Derek27

flipping hell, I'm glad I'm not vegetarian. I was looking for a mushroom recipe, what could be more off-putting than shit mushrooms and ear fungus. :lol: :lol:

Screenshot 2024-02-17 151020.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:09 pm
greenmark wrote:
A lot of people care. People are risking arrest gathering to place flowers in his memory, in a public place.
A few hundred scattered around the globe. Navalny was a giant and that's why Putin killed him. Putin is a moral vacuum. A stain on humanity and a hypocrite because he cliams to be religious. How can any religious person be part of any religion that supported Putin and not be furious?
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:04 pm
Derek27 wrote:
greenmark wrote:
A few hundred scattered around the globe. Navalny was a giant and that's why Putin killed him. Putin is a moral vacuum. A stain on humanity and a hypocrite because he cliams to be religious. How can any religious person be part of any religion that supported Putin and not be furious?
Over 250 Russians have been detained by police for turning up to honour him. There must be thousands surrounding Russian Embassies around the world.

As for religion, it's probably historically responsible for more deaths than natural disasters. The people who crashed planes into the Twin Towers were religious. That's the essence of religion, it allows you to believe whatever you want, good or bad, however ludicrous the beliefs are. :)
conduirez

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:12 pm
it allows you to believe whatever you want, good or bad, however ludicrous the beliefs are. :)
I believe I am off to the pub now to watch the Man City game.
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
greenmark wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

Over 250 Russians have been detained by police for turning up to honour him. There must be thousands surrounding Russian Embassies around the world.

As for religion, it's probably historically responsible for more deaths than natural disasters. The people who crashed planes into the Twin Towers were religious. That's the essence of religion, it allows you to believe whatever you want, good or bad, however ludicrous the beliefs are. :)
Religion is not repsonsible for the actions of things like Putin or the Twin Towers pilots. They make/made their own decisions.
OK warped religious belief/indoctrination may have played a part. But the bottom line is if you kill someone you better have a very good reason IMO. Someone telling you to do it is not a good reason and Putin --- well it's now clear he is plain nuts with no moral justification (religious or otherwise) for his actions.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:46 pm
Derek27 wrote:
greenmark wrote:

Religion is not repsonsible for the actions of things like Putin or the Twin Towers pilots. They make/made their own decisions.
OK warped religious belief/indoctrination may have played a part. But the bottom line is if you kill someone you better have a very good reason IMO. Someone telling you to do it is not a good reason and Putin --- well it's now clear he is plain nuts with no moral justification (religious or otherwise) for his actions.
I believed in god when I was three or four, and that he requires you to be good to people. If I was talk that he requires a certain group of people to be exterminated, I would have believed that - that's religion! :)
Archery1969

The UK will be at war with Russia before the next general election. So if your aged between 18 and 55 you should basically do a runner otherwise cannon fodder.
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:55 pm
greenmark wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:46 pm
Derek27 wrote:

I believed in god when I was three or four, and that he requires you to be good to people. If I was talk that he requires a certain group of people to be exterminated, I would have believed that - that's religion! :)
Well I was lucky. I came from a protestant family, but religion was never forced on me. "make your own mind up" was the guidance. How lucky was I?

Return to “General discussion”