RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

LeTiss wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 11:49 am
Derek27 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 7:03 pm
I've just spoken to a mate who didn't vote in the local elections because he (thought he) didn't have valid photo ID.
I say that's bullshit. You are telling porkies to fit within your anti-government stance

What normal person doesn't own a passport or driving licence?
Read what I wrote - I said he THOUGHT he didn't have valid ID. He didn't know out-of-date ID is accepted.

You're stupidity beggars belief! To answer your question, someone who doesn't drive and doesn't travel abroad may not have a passport or driving licence, but they're are still "normal" people. Obviously, such people are far more likely to be hard up and on the left than be Tory voters. Given that election fraud was never a serious issue, you can't blame anyone for thinking there were cynical motives behind the new legislation and it's quite astonishing it was allowed to go through.
Derek27

Don't be a tight-arse buying a cheap tin opener. Spend a few quid on one that will last, or even flipping work!
conduirez

I noticed this article, about the DWP soon having access to some information held in peoples bank accounts if they are on benefits.

Some people might agree with the DWP getting bank information like this, but the state has always had the power to do this through the police, but only if there is evidence of criminality. The DWP won't need to prove criminality to get information.

Remember the State Pension is now classed as a benefit as well, these things tend to get expanded.

It's just another nail in the coffin of privacy, just like the gambling rules being imposed.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/d ... 244f&ei=41
jimibt

conduirez wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 4:14 pm
I noticed this article, about the DWP soon having access to some information held in peoples bank accounts if they are on benefits.

Some people might agree with the DWP getting bank information like this, but the state has always had the power to do this through the police, but only if there is evidence of criminality. The DWP won't need to prove criminality to get information.

Remember the State Pension is now classed as a benefit as well, these things tend to get expanded.

It's just another nail in the coffin of privacy, just like the gambling rules being imposed.

this section tickles me:

"These changes will not allow DWP direct access to bank accounts, but will require third parties to share data signalling fraud with us so it can be considered further. It will also help identify people who have made a genuine mistake with their claim, preventing them from potential debts."

ffs - one degree of seperation!

i think the mad rush to know everything, everywhere, every time is a dangerous charge and is taking us in pretty much the dark direction of the chinese system. black mirror wasn't too far off!
conduirez

jimibt wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 4:54 pm
conduirez wrote:

this section tickles me:

"These changes will not allow DWP direct access to bank accounts, but will require third parties to share data signalling fraud with us so it can be considered further. It will also help identify people who have made a genuine mistake with their claim, preventing them from potential debts."

ffs - one degree of seperation!

i think the mad rush to know everything, everywhere, every time is a dangerous charge and is taking us in pretty much the dark direction of the chinese system. black mirror wasn't too far off!
It is becoming so intrusive, it is worrying times.
Derek27

conduirez wrote:

They're also planning on giving the DWP powers of investigation, arrest and carry out house searches, just like the Post Office, despite all the abuse that's been uncovered!
conduirez

Derek27 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 8:59 pm
conduirez wrote:

They're also planning on giving the DWP powers of investigation, arrest and carry out house searches, just like the Post Office, despite all the abuse that's been uncovered!
It's so wrong on all levels, it's becoming absolute s**t, this prying for no reason, I am afraid innocent until proven has totally gone out the window.

I cannot believe what the f**kers are doing, it's so dangerous.
greenmark

WTF is happening to this country? Corporates pay shareholders and drectors shedloads and don't do what they are suppoed to do.

"Boil water warning after parasite found"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cd1q1d51w27o
Derek27

Washed a pair of jeans with a tissue left in the pocket. I've now got fragments of tissue all over the entire wash. :x
Derek27

I was tempted to ask the cashier and the guy in front of me in the queue if they'd like me to get them some tea and biscuits while they discuss whatever issue they had that was holding me up.
The Silk Run

Derek27 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 3:19 pm
I was tempted to ask the cashier and the guy in front of me in the queue if they'd like me to get them some tea and biscuits while they discuss whatever issue they had that was holding me up.
I experienced something similar and very funny yesterday. Waiting forever a guy in front of me asked if I could hold his place whilst he went to buy some shaving foam and razor because the wait was so long :lol:
conduirez

I thought it was a big night with American Racing with the Preakness Stakes on Sky Sports Racing, how wrong I was.

I thought it would be a big show, no it is not, but the thing that is giving me the most annoyance, is the vast majority of races they are showing are finished on Betfair, whilst they are still loading the stalls on Sky Sports.

I am going to watch something else, a big let down tonight.

The Sky Sports Racing channel should really be put on the history channel, they cannot call it live.TV.
Derek27

What a state boxing's in. Didn't realise there's now four world championships. First undisputed heavyweight for 25 years and he may have to lose one if a rematch goes ahead.
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 10:32 am
What a state boxing's in. Didn't realise there's now four world championships. First undisputed heavyweight for 25 years and he may have to lose one if a rematch goes ahead.
Where you been Derek, there has been 4 different world title belts since 2004. WBA, WBO, IBF and WBC.
Derek27

Archery1969 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 1:41 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 10:32 am
Where you been Derek, there has been 4 different world title belts since 2004. WBA, WBO, IBF and WBC.
I stopped watching boxing towards the end of the 1980s. I'd like to have watched that fight, but I wouldn't pay to watch it on TV. I'd expect a ringside seat for what they charge!
Last edited by Derek27 on Sun May 19, 2024 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General discussion”