A place to discuss anything.
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:27 pm
greenmark wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:02 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:56 pm

My memory recalls a lot of both. I think her superiors reported suspicious behaviour or made allegations against her but they ended up being forced to apologise to her.

From Wiki: In a text message sent to a friend on 9 April 2016 two hours after the collapse of Child M, Letby wrote: "Work has been shit but... I have just won £135 on Grand National!! [horse emoji]." and, in a group chat after the winning bet: "Unpacking party sounds good to me with my flavoured vodka ha ha.

We get all sorts of stuff about a trial reported on the news, but remember, the jury hears all of that and much more. They're in a much better place to weight up the evidence. What I hear on the news about a case never convinces me of innocence or guilt, but may make me feel the jury's likely to have reached the right conclusion.
How I wish trusted Justice as you do.
But you very well may be right, as were the jurors. I just have my doubts. How did OJ be found innocent?
I don't remember the OJ trial but he was great on Naked Gun. :)

I think there are occasions where you can form a firm opinion from what you hear on the news, like the pathetic excuse Ian Huntley had for "accidentally" killing poor Holly and Jessica, or Oscar Pistorius firing bullets through a toilet door without simply saying, "Darling, is that you?".

I'm only halfway through both of these series, but I'm hoping by the time I've competed them, they'll have made a few more. It's not as if they're getting short of material. ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Most_Evil_Killers
Why do you watch that stuff?
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:37 pm
I've never liked novels and dramas, I'm into non-fiction, things that really happened. That includes science, history, wildlife, geology, astrophysics, architecture, etc.

But the thing about those serial killer series is you learn a lot about what makes some serial killers and their mindset. Things as simple as being bullied at school, abusive parents, social inabilities. You also see the telltale signs in killers, like flashing. Considered my many as a low-grade crime, you'd be surprised how many of the worst killers started off flashing.
andy28

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:03 pm
greenmark wrote:
I've never liked novels and dramas, I'm into non-fiction, things that really happened. That includes science, history, wildlife, geology, astrophysics, architecture, etc.

But the thing about those serial killer series is you learn a lot about what makes some serial killers and their mindset. Things as simple as being bullied at school, abusive parents, social inabilities. You also see the telltale signs in killers, like flashing. Considered my many as a low-grade crime, you'd be surprised how many of the worst killers started off flashing.
Yeah I like these as well, I like the FBI ones on profiling of Serial Killers, it is amazing how similar these people are. They all do start of by committing more than one petty crime like Flashing, Peeping Tom, Shop lifting and Cruelty to Animals or they admit to cruelty to insects (pulling wings off flies, legs off spiders) stuff no normal person would ever consider doing. Then they will progress to Breaking and Entering, Some even enter when a person is in the house but are in the shower and the person is unaware anyone was even in the house.

You would hope now Police will be using AI to log all these crimes and start making a short list.
Derek27

andy28 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:52 pm
Derek27 wrote:
greenmark wrote:

Yeah I like these as well, I like the FBI ones on profiling of Serial Killers, it is amazing how similar these people are. They all do start of by committing more than one petty crime like Flashing, Peeping Tom, Shop lifting and Cruelty to Animals or they admit to cruelty to insects (pulling wings off flies, legs off spiders) stuff no normal person would ever consider doing. Then they will progress to Breaking and Entering, Some even enter when a person is in the house but are in the shower and the person is unaware anyone was even in the house.

You would hope now Police will be using AI to log all these crimes and start making a short list.
I used to burn ants with a magnifying glass when I was about eight, but thankfully, that's where it ended. After that it was nicking books from the school library and starting a fire underneath a park bench, but I've never pulled legs of spiders or got the urge to harm living creatures. :)

The really jaw-dropping thing about these series, notwithstanding the fact that many of the crimes were decades ago, is people committing serious crimes like rape or murder, spending a few years in prison, released to commit more crimes, back in prison and then released to kill 20 people!

If there's one thing you can learn from a series of gruesome crime documentaries; if you commit such a serious act that no reasonable rational person would contemplate, you should be banged up for life without parole. Every episode I watch adds another 10 to the tally of lives that could have been saved.
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:23 am
andy28 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:52 pm
Derek27 wrote:

I used to burn ants with a magnifying glass when I was about eight, but thankfully, that's where it ended. After that it was nicking books from the school library and starting a fire underneath a park bench, but I've never pulled legs of spiders or got the urge to harm living creatures. :)

The really jaw-dropping thing about these series, notwithstanding the fact that many of the crimes were decades ago, is people committing serious crimes like rape or murder, spending a few years in prison, released to commit more crimes, back in prison and then released to kill 20 people!

If there's one thing you can learn from a series of gruesome crime documentaries; if you commit such a serious act that no reasonable rational person would contemplate, you should be banged up for life without parole. Every episode I watch adds another 10 to the tally of lives that could have been saved.
As a 7 year old I watched my schoolmates pull the legs of daddy long legs and I was baffled and angry, but outnumbered. I still squish annoying flies and wasps though. I would capture and release them all but flies and wasps won't flipping cooperate. Bees and Bumblers are slower. I can then let them out in a controlled manner, even though they are pretty damn furious at being captured in a glass with a bit of card.
greenmark

I may have misheard this statistic school absence up from 10 to 20% since covid. And in poorer areas 43% of GCSE students have been absent.

WHAT THE FUCK ARE WE DOING!!!!!!!!

The sooner we get shut of this bunch of cunts, the better.
jimibt

greenmark wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:32 pm
I may have misheard this statistic school absence up from 10 to 20% since covid. And in poorer areas 43% of GCSE students have been absent.

WHAT THE FUCK ARE WE DOING!!!!!!!!

The sooner we get shut of this bunch of cunts, the better.
appreciate this RANT, has powered me up ahead of my run :D!!
ODPaul82

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:23 am
.... but I've never pulled legs of spiders or got the urge to harm living creatures. :) ...
Burn them, burn them all. It's an 8 legged biting terrorist that shoots silver rope out of its arse.

If aliens were to arrive a giraffe is easier to explain as a 20 foot tall moose than spider.
ODPaul82

I have a phobia of wasps from being stung on the nipple when I was 8
Put me up against a bear and I'll have a go, put a wasp in a room with me and I'll crawl on the floor for the door
greenmark

ODPaul82 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:51 pm
Put me up against a bear and I'll have a go, put a wasp in a room with me and I'll crawl on the floor for the door
:lol: you nearly caused me to choke with that one. I got stung on the ear as a nipper sat on a seesaw. Why exactly the wasp decided to go into my space I don't know. Perhaps it was me rocking up and down into his space. One thing for sure is don't wave around like a looney. He's more scared than you and will sting you.
Derek27

I was stung by a wasp while running down the street when I was about nine. It wasn't too traumatic, but the most remarkable thing was, I was running, the wasp was coming towards me head on, yet I still vividly remember it sticking out it's arm, or whatever you call those stingy things, as it went past and stung me in the arm. It was almost as though I remember it in slow motion!
Archery1969

Was in a taxi once, very hot, windows down. Bloody hornet landed on the drivers dashboard. He panicked, started pressing buttons and waving his hand/arms around. Honestly thought I was going to die as most of the time he wasn’t holding the steering wheel. Yes, you guessed it, bloody hornet made a bee (forgive the pun) line for my face. Stung on my cheek, nose, eye and eyelid. At that point, thought I was going to die again. I thumped that hornet multiple times, thought I squashed it, twisted it in half, only to get another sting on my arm. Driver pulled the car to an emergency turkey style stop. I swear it looked like a war zone in the car.

Asked the taxi driver if he could turn around and take me back to the airport asap. 🤣
greenmark

Archery1969 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:23 pm
Was in a taxi once, very hot, windows down. Bloody hornet landed on the drivers dashboard. He panicked, started pressing buttons and waving his hand/arms around. Honestly thought I was going to die as most of the time he wasn’t holding the steering wheel. Yes, you guessed it, bloody hornet made a bee (forgive the pun) line for my face. Stung on my cheek, nose, eye and eyelid. At that point, thought I was going to die again. I thumped that hornet multiple times, thought I squashed it, twisted it in half, only to get another sting on my arm. Driver pulled the car to an emergency turkey style stop. I swear it looked like a war zone in the car.

Asked the taxi driver if he could turn around and take me back to the airport asap. 🤣
Hornets are apparently quite peaceful, but under threat they are vicious. Your experience seems to back that up. Trapped in a taxi with two humans would be a bit threatening. And if one starts panicking that would ramp up it's fight/flight to the max.
Archery1969

greenmark wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:48 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:23 pm

Hornets are apparently quite peaceful, but under threat they are vicious. Your experience seems to back that up. Trapped in a taxi with two humans would be a bit threatening. And if one starts panicking that would ramp up it's fight/flight to the max.
Yeah, the humming type sound got louder and louder the more we tried to swat and kill the thing. The bloody taxi driver in his panic mode pressed the button to close all the windows. Hornet couldn’t get out obviously and went into a serious rage aimed at anything in the car.

Luckily there was only one. God knows what would have happened with a few of them in a closed space.

They make a very distinctive type sound unlike wasps or bees I have encountered.

Trust me, they don’t give up easily!!!!
andy28

ODPaul82 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:51 pm
I got stung on the nipple as well, I was driving a truck on a bridge, it was a hot day window down short sleeved shirt on, it ended up going up my shirt sleeve and stung me, hurt like hell so as soon as I got off the bridge I jumped out as I wasn't sure if it was a wasp and going to sting me again. Fortunately it was a bee so I pulled out the stinger and was rubbing the area. Then I noticed all these people running up to me asking if I was alright, I said yeah just a bee sting, they thought I was having a heart attack.

In all fairness to them my truck wasn't parked too well and I was wondering around rubbing my chest, was good to see people will stop to make sure everything is ok in those situations

Return to “General discussion”