RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

Naffman wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:25 pm
Got an ad on YouTube from Halfords about MOT/Service saying 'there's a cost of driving crisis', looked on their website and its about £330 for an MOT and major service, my local garage and every other around here is about £185-195.

Just feels totally disingenuous and shouldn't be allowed.
I remember my dad used to drive his rusty old Ford Anglia all the way from South London to Barnet, on the outskirts of North London to have an MOT. Didn't understand why at the time, but I reckon it must have been a mate of his doing the job. :)
Fugazi

I once drove plymouth to leeds for MOT. Plod was not amused when I provided all the necessary evidence it was heading to its MOT at 2am on a Thursday morning (made sure I had it in writing fron the garage knowing i would be pulled over) funny thing is I made it approx 300? Miles without being stopped. Got stopped 2 miles from home :lol:

I was in the military at the time and it expired while i was away. Not wanting to fart around sorting it when back from deployment decided to book it in at my home garage.

I told plod it was being left at the garage overnight so they could start work at 8am (this was the truth)

Sent me on my way :D
Derek27

Why aren't biscuits sold in 5mm bombproof steel tubes so the end biscuits don't break?

Just opened a pack and made a flipping mess over the kitchen worktop and floor!
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:28 pm
Well I took a screenshot because I had a feeling that workplace romances would be frowned upon

Never saw the OP though sadly :)
What's going on Kai? Another one's popped up and this is a member that's previously had serious discussion about trading?

viewtopic.php?p=349832#p349832
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:35 am
Kai wrote:
Well I took a screenshot because I had a feeling that workplace romances would be frowned upon

What's going on Kai? Another one's popped up and this is a member that's previously had serious discussion about trading?

Yeah just seen and reported it :?

How do they keep getting ahold of these older accounts?
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:37 am
Derek27 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:35 am
Kai wrote:

Yeah just seen and reported it :?

How do they keep getting ahold of these older accounts?
It's not an old account, it's relatively new!
Derek27

A new set of coins is going to be minted in the UK. Don't wait, purchase the full set, with a legal value of £3.88 ... for just £34, plus £3.99 postage. The postage isn't much more than the value of the coins, which shows how good value it is. :lol: :lol:
conduirez

Just got a bloody phone call.

She went to the shops to get some last minute items for our holiday, and the car packed in on the A11, fortunately she was right by the turnoff, road to Newmarket. she is waiting for AA now.

It could have been worse I suppose, we could have been on the way to the airport hotel tomorrow.

What effing timing. It was only in the garage last week.
conduirez

conduirez wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:40 pm

She went to the shops to get some last minute items for our holiday, and the car packed in on the A11, fortunately she was right by the turnoff, road to Newmarket. she is waiting for AA now.

It could have been worse I suppose, we could have been on the way to the airport hotel tomorrow.

I thought the AA was supposed to prioritise single women, they are telling her another hour, I have asked my daughters boyfriend to come and get me in 30 minutes, drop me by the car and bring her home.
conduirez

conduirez wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:51 pm
conduirez wrote:

I thought the AA was supposed to prioritise single women, they are telling her another hour, I have asked my daughters boyfriend to come and get me in 30 minutes, drop me by the car and bring her home.
Just got back the AA guy fixed the car, there was a loose cable where I assume the bloody garage had left a bolt out when it was in on Friday for a full service. The AA guy said it must have just popped out when my wife was on the A11, anyway he had a bolt that fitted for now.

At least the panics over, now. Not what you want a day before your holiday.
greenmark

conduirez wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:40 pm
conduirez wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:51 pm
conduirez wrote:

Just got back the AA guy fixed the car, there was a loose cable where I assume the bloody garage had left a bolt out when it was in on Friday for a full service. The AA guy said it must have just popped out when my wife was on the A11, anyway he had a bolt that fitted for now.

At least the panics over, now. Not what you want a day before your holiday.
Was it a part that should have been checked? That's the whole point of using pro-mechanics.. I had a rear spring snap a couple of months after being replaced.
I was told "Well, these things happen". Like a fool I walked away.
Realrocknrolla

Fricking Jockeys weighing in light! Absolute cock!
Derek27

The most stupid thing in the world you can possibly do is search the internet for information on how to kill your wife, dispose of the body, kill your wife, dispose of the body, and leave your search history for the police to look at!! :roll:
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:27 am
The most stupid thing in the world you can possibly do is search the internet for information on how to kill your wife, dispose of the body, kill your wife, dispose of the body, and leave your search history for the police to look at!! :roll:
But isn’t your search history stored by your ISP for 1 year, so it doesn’t matter if you delete it locally or not ?
Derek27

Archery1969 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:27 am
Derek27 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:27 am
But isn’t your search history stored by your ISP for 1 year, so it doesn’t matter if you delete it locally or not ?
I know you can delete it from Google. If you ISP has your search history, use a VPN. This particular guy (Horst Kröner) went to great lengths to plan and clear the crime scene, even the police couldn't find a trace of evidence, but he never even thought of his search history, and he was an IT technician as well!

Return to “General discussion”