RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

The two-round Josuha fight against an inexperienced heavyweight reminds me of Frank Bruno taking on a boxer so old he had to shave his head (if he had any hair to shave) because it would have been grey!
Hepburn

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:45 am
Just before I started hoovering my flat, the cat was coughing and looked as though she was gonna be sick, so I chucked her out. Then hoovered, starting with the bedroom, ending with the living room, then let the cat back in and put away the hoover.

Next time I go into the bedroom I see she's chucked up on my bedroom carpet, all over the plug and wires of my sound bar! :evil: :evil:
I stopped feeding my cat, cat- biscuits and upped her whiskers. She doesn't puke anymore. Apparently theres loads of crap in the biscuits.
Derek27

Hepburn wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:35 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Just before I started hoovering my flat, the cat was coughing and looked as though she was gonna be sick, so I chucked her out. Then hoovered, starting with the bedroom, ending with the living room, then let the cat back in and put away the hoover.

Next time I go into the bedroom I see she's chucked up on my bedroom carpet, all over the plug and wires of my sound bar! :evil: :evil:
I stopped feeding my cat, cat- biscuits and upped her whiskers. She doesn't puke anymore. Apparently theres loads of crap in the biscuits.
Interesting. I give my gat wet food in the morning and biscuits in the evening. I thought it must be boring for a cat to be eating the same thing all the time. I'm pretty sure she chucks up both, but I think the real culprit is grass or other stuff she eats outside.

(Apologies for bringing up the subject of vomiting cats again. :lol: )
jamesedwards

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:53 pm
Hepburn wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

Interesting. I give my gat wet food in the morning and biscuits in the evening. I thought it must be boring for a cat to be eating the same thing all the time. I'm pretty sure she chucks up both, but I think the real culprit is grass or other stuff she eats outside.

Cats often eat grass specifically to make themselves sick. Try changing the food.
Derek27

jamesedwards wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:47 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:53 pm
Hepburn wrote:

Cats often eat grass specifically to make themselves sick. Try changing the food.
She won't eat anything else. When I lived near Morrisons I'd feed her Morrisons food. Since I moved it took months to get here to acclimatise to Whiskers.

Apparently, grass is good for cats. It contains calcium and when they throw it up it helps remove toxins from their stomach. I just wish she'd do it in the garden where she eats it.
andy28

I use a product called Cat Lax, it is like a paste and you put it on the top of one of their front paws, they then like it off, it makes it easy for them to pass fur balls out the other end. Much easier to deal with
Hepburn

Asked for advise on a facebook group about CHC checklist. Got a nonsense reply. Said it was nonsense and now its become a monster like i'm an awful person for calling the nonsense out! Oo don't tell people the truth it hurts their feelings! FFS.... rant over.
Derek27

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:54 pm
Doctors don't charge £145 to see you at short notice, £136 for a blood test or £30 for seven tablets!
Competition & Markets Authority investigating whether vets are overcharging. :D
Michael5482

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:42 am
Derek27 wrote:
Doctors don't charge £145 to see you at short notice, £136 for a blood test or £30 for seven tablets!
When was going to run Paris marathon I had to provide a medical certificate to say I was fit and healthy enough to run it. I contacted my doctors surgery who said the GP can do it but privately as it's not available on the NHS and I had to pay him direct. The NHS GP Surgery booked me in with him the very next day and took the payment for him over the phone there and then. £180 it cost me, it made me wonder how many other NHS staff are it privately in NHS time, no doubt the secretary will have got a kick back from the £180 for her private admin time also.

Anyway I did my £180 in as the marathon was cancelled due to covid :lol:
greenmark

Michael5482 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:55 am
Derek27 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:42 am
Derek27 wrote:
When was going to run Paris marathon I had to provide a medical certificate to say I was fit and healthy enough to run it. I contacted my doctors surgery who said the GP can do it but privately as it's not available on the NHS and I had to pay him direct. The NHS GP Surgery booked me in with him the very next day and took the payment for him over the phone there and then. £180 it cost me, it made me wonder how many other NHS staff are it privately in NHS time, no doubt the secretary will have got a kick back from the £180 for her private admin time also.

Anyway I did my £180 in as the marathon was cancelled due to covid :lol:
Pretty rubbish isn't it?. The NHS principal of "free at the point of delivery" appears to be shrinking. And I'm not happy!
Derek27

I bought a new doormat for my garden a few weeks ago. The cat has always walked around it when she comes in, it's too prickly for her. And now I have to step over it ... worms have decided to make it their home!
Derek27

Has anyone on this forum had the urge to change gender before reaching pubity?

Answers from first-time posters not accepted. :lol:
foxwood

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:52 pm
Has anyone on this forum had the urge to change gender before reaching pubity?
No, I've always managed to reach the pubity and have a pint without wishing I'd changed sex on the way.

I'm guessing that's the answer looked for since the typo makes it uncertain what you meant ;)
Derek27

I can't believe my flipping luck!!

For five years I've lived in a place with a closed down fish & chip shop just around the corner, longing for it to reopen. Now that I'm unable to eat bread, chips and tough meat ... they flipping open it!

They serve fish & chips, kebabs, burgers, everything!! :evil: :evil:
Michael5482

About time people advertising AI Systems for trading or betting were banned from social media, fined £500,000 and jailed for 2 years, sick to death of seeing them, they have absolutely nothing AI based at all absolute con artists.

Return to “General discussion”