Voided in-running bets on race that went in-play (BF skullduggery?)

The sport of kings.
Naffman

Betfair voided all my in-running bets in race 2 at Penn national tonight despite the race going in-play when they jumped and suspending just over a minute later when the 5f race had ended.

Attached is the proof that the race was put in play when they jumped at 23:31:37 (At the races have listed it as going off at 23:31:42)

Others saw it go in-play too so it's shocking if they don't look into it.

The 2nd was matched at a low of 1.06 having looked well clear, are BF doing something dodgy or just a mistake?

pennr2 no3.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Naffman

Oh and another thing, I've emailed their priority email on Tuesday about overpaying on Premium Charge (resettled market) this week and haven't heard bugger all back yet (just the standard automated reply), absolute incompetence how even the higher ups take 20 days to solve anything, at least when I email Peter Jackson things actually get sorted.
eightbo

Sorry to hear that.

Usually when something happens like this it's user error and not malicious (or we've missed something currently unknown to us)
They are required to log their reason internally, however it is possible in theory that said reason was in error/incorrect/malicious.  In my experience they just report back the reason and that's that, although I received a goodwill accreditation once so it's not a complete lost cause.

Wish that you receive a suitable compensation if you were hard done by.
Although objectively I doubt many would've complained about a US IP mkt, which probably doesn't help your case (even if someone, somewhere, messed up). :|  

You'll have to post their reason when you get it, no doubt it'll be interesting either way.

P.S. 1: try to get yourself an account manager, they're more dialled in and they use WhatsApp etc. so in the future you'll save time and energy usually spent on going through tedious initial hoops / waiting to hear back

P.S. 2: best of luck with PC charge recovery
Kai

Just a random cockup, no way it's anything more

Better to have all inplay bets void than just some of them
Kai

eightbo wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:12 am
Sup 8, hope vibes are good 🌞 and valo kd too ;)
Naffman

eightbo wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:12 am
Sorry to hear that.

Usually when something happens like this it's user error and not malicious (or we've missed something currently unknown to us)
They are required to log their reason internally, however it is possible in theory that said reason was in error/incorrect/malicious.  In my experience they just report back the reason and that's that, although I received a goodwill accreditation once so it's not a complete lost cause.

Wish that you receive a suitable compensation if you were hard done by.
Although objectively I doubt many would've complained about a US IP mkt, which probably doesn't help your case (even if someone, somewhere, messed up). :|  

You'll have to post their reason when you get it, no doubt it'll be interesting either way.

P.S. 1: try to get yourself an account manager, they're more dialled in and they use WhatsApp etc. so in the future you'll save time and energy usually spent on going through tedious initial hoops / waiting to hear back

P.S. 2: best of luck with PC charge recovery
This is the first time I’ve ever seen it which is why it’s so odd, fair enough if a race doesn’t actually go in play and the 5/1 winner starts 1.2 BSP, those rightly deserved to be voided but this was a normal race that went in-play beginning to end so I look forward to see what they see considering I have the evidence from Guardian too.

Yes I need someone who I can actually speak to instead of emailing someone and never hearing back or not knowing what is going on. As with the PC issue, come next week they’ll be like ‘oh it’s too late we can’t do anything now’, their customer service is appalling.
eightbo

Kai wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:35 am
привет! hope you're doing well, if Naffman doesn't get the outcome he wants we can always cheer him up with a meme exchange thread derail, but they have to be premium quality or it could make things worse :oops:

jokes aside could be some kind of objection came as to the fairness of the race itself, things could be void from a fairness perspective, bf side with voiding in uncertain situations usually to keep all parties slightly unhappy rather than have 50% be raving mad, but you all know this already,
either way, not much point playing the guessing game until they come with their ... "reason" 8-)
Kai

eightbo wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:50 am
привет!
Wtf does that mean, is that Russian? Have you learned nothing from your holiday :lol:

Derek27

Kai wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:04 am

It always feels like a random cock-up until it happens to me!
Naffman

eightbo wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:50 am
Kai wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:35 am
привет! hope you're doing well, if Naffman doesn't get the outcome he wants we can always cheer him up with a meme exchange thread derail, but they have to be premium quality or it could make things worse :oops:

jokes aside could be some kind of objection came as to the fairness of the race itself, things could be void from a fairness perspective, bf side with voiding in uncertain situations usually to keep all parties slightly unhappy rather than have 50% be raving mad, but you all know this already,
either way, not much point playing the guessing game until they come with their ... "reason" 8-)
Well I’ve been waiting since Tuesday for the PC issue and they say that they will respond between 2-24 hours, so I don’t think I will find out, shocking customer service tbh.
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:24 pm
Kai wrote:

Does happen but srsly don't think it's on purpose :) Even on footy, think I complained about something similar a few years back. There was a friendly match or something that I've done very well on, and BF just closed down the whole market and voided everything just because they slightly misspelt something or mixed up the away/home team.
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:43 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Kai wrote:

Does happen but srsly don't think it's on purpose :) Even on footy, think I complained about something similar a few years back. There was a friendly match or something that I've done very well on, and BF just closed down the whole market and voided everything just because they slightly misspelt something or mixed up the away/home team.
It may not be intentional but the real issue I have is that they make money out of their incompetence, the only situation I can think of where people make money from being crap at their job!
jamesedwards

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:53 pm
Kai wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

It may not be intentional but the real issue I have is that they make money out of their incompetence, the only situation I can think of where people make money from being crap at their job!
How do they make money on a voided market? They lose the commission associated with voided bets.
Naffman

jamesedwards wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:07 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Kai wrote:

How do they make money on a voided market? They lose the commission associated with voided bets.
That’s why it’s either got to be a mistake or something dodgy (which I doubt but you never know in these late markets), still no response on either issue…
Derek27

jamesedwards wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:07 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Kai wrote:

I wasn't specifically talking about naffman's situation but the suspension of football markets. Place a back on under 0.5 more goals, market gets suspended, Betfair's rolling in the cash at the next goal. Just to rub salt into the wounds they unsuspend the market after the goal for the next load of suckers.

In those situations it's easy to get paranoid because it feels as if somebody's thinking, "we've got enough bets in the market, let's suspend or traders will start closing their trades".

Return to “Trading Horse racing”