Voided in-running bets on race that went in-play (BF skullduggery?)

The sport of kings.
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:29 pm
Place a back on under 0.5 more goals, market gets suspended, Betfair's rolling in the cash at the next goal. Just to rub salt into the wounds they unsuspend the market after the goal for the next load of suckers.

In those situations it's easy to get paranoid because it feels as if somebody's thinking, "we've got enough bets in the market, let's suspend or traders will start closing their trades".
What about those that back Overs instead of Unders? The other side of the market would profit from those situations

I get the complaining part but anything more than that seems a bit far-fetched tbh
ShaunWhite

Kai wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:38 pm
I get the complaining part but anything more than that seems a bit far-fetched tbh
Screenshot_20230901_144953_Google.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
Place a back on under 0.5 more goals, market gets suspended, Betfair's rolling in the cash at the next goal. Just to rub salt into the wounds they unsuspend the market after the goal for the next load of suckers.

In those situations it's easy to get paranoid because it feels as if somebody's thinking, "we've got enough bets in the market, let's suspend or traders will start closing their trades".
What about those that back Overs instead of Unders? The other side of the market would profit from those situations

I was referring to Bumfair's point of view. If I place £100 on under at 4.0, you accept it, and we both close trade at 3.65, I pay commission on £9.59. If they suspend the market though, either I pay commission on £300 or you pay commission on £100.

Not saying Bumfair is doing it deliberately, but if you were working for Bumfair, would you be fussed about fixing a problem that results in you collecting 15 times more comms?
jamesedwards

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:36 pm
Kai wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

I was referring to Bumfair's point of view. If I place £100 on under at 4.0, you accept it, and we both close trade at 3.65, I pay commission on £9.59. If they suspend the market though, either I pay commission on £300 or you pay commission on £100.

Not saying Bumfair is doing it deliberately, but if you were working for Bumfair, would you be fussed about fixing a problem that results in you collecting 15 times more comms?
You're looking only from your perspective. Most people will not be profitable, professional traders like you who open and close multiple trades throughout the match. Most will be putting in a single position and leaving it open for the entirety of the match. During the period of suspension Betfair will usually be losing money overall because they are stopping people from opening their position.
Kai

Fully agree with James there, don't even think there are many higher frequency traders like scalpers active on these markets
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
So you are saying its deliberate then? :) But if I worked for them I wouldn't be fussed about fixing it because it wouldn't affect my pay, and I'd probably sell the story to the Racing Post.

This is the gaping hole in the whole 'did Betfair actually land on the moon' story, everyone has to keep schtum. And what business would risk their entire reputation for what's basically pennies in the grand scheme.
Kai

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:23 pm
Derek27 wrote:
So you are saying its deliberate then? :) But if I worked for them I wouldn't be fussed about fixing it because it wouldn't affect my pay, and I'd probably sell the story to the Racing Post.

This is the gaping hole in the whole 'did Betfair actually land on the moon' story, everyone has to keep schtum. And what business would risk their entire reputation for what's basically pennies in the grand scheme.
Yeah that particular theory does appear to have more holes than a golf course :lol:
Derek27

jamesedwards wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:46 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Kai wrote:

You're looking only from your perspective. Most people will not be profitable, professional traders like you who open and close multiple trades throughout the match. Most will be putting in a single position and leaving it open for the entirety of the match. During the period of suspension Betfair will usually be losing money overall because they are stopping people from opening their position.
When a big football market is active with thousands getting matched as the price bounces around, are they really punters just putting their sole bet on the match? I find that hard to understand, there would have to be thousands of them, most of which would place a bet before the match.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:23 pm
And what business would risk their entire reputation for what's basically pennies in the grand scheme.
A business that doesn't have a reputation to risk, like Bumfair. :lol:
Naffman

Almost 24 hours later and they still haven’t replied, shocking but am not surprised, I’ll give Peter Jackson an email who tbf always solves the problem
Naffman

Emailed Peter Jackson last night and already had an email this morning saying Marco a Complaints Executive is looking into it, I think I’ll just email Peter for all my enquiries :lol:
Anbell

Naffman wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:10 am
Emailed Peter Jackson last night and already had an email this morning saying Marco a Complaints Executive is looking into it, I think I’ll just email Peter for all my enquiries :lol:
I always thought that I had the best account manager, but it seems you win again
Naffman

Anbell wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:18 am
Naffman wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:10 am
I always thought that I had the best account manager, but it seems you win again
:lol: :lol:

Return to “Trading Horse racing”