Bet Angel Excel Template - Populate

Example spreadsheets and comments on example spreadsheets.
Shergar6

Hi all,

New to here so probably answered already but how do I trigger a bet in a market based on calculations I have done in excel? Ie how to link excel to bet angel

For example - it maybe bet or no bet on a given race and if bet it will be varied by races. This will apply across a lot of races in the day so want to automate this.

Seperately - is there an example spreadsheet which pulls out all the win markets for UK racings into an excel with each tab representing a race at the start of each day? I wonder if this excel would get too heavy if pulling out all win markets for the day into excel .
Derek27

Shergar6 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:55 pm
Hi all,

New to here so probably answered already but how do I trigger a bet in a market based on calculations I have done in excel? Ie how to link excel to bet angel
Excel integration is explained here: https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/mic ... 3D&mw=MzIw
Shergar6

Thanks Derek - that is very useful!
Shergar6

Hi BA Users,
I want to place a win bet in the bet angel spreadsheet 5 minutes before the off?

I know how to do the BACK on spreadsheet but not quite sure how I limit it to 5 minutes before the off? Note 5 minutes is only arbitrary- I just don't want:

1) bet placed when race is NOT in play
2) bet NOT placed right away in morning when I load up the markets at 7am 😉

How do I do this? Many thanks
ODPaul82

=IF(AND($G$1="", ISNUMBER($F$4), $F$4<=TIME(0,5,0), $F$4>=TIME(0,4,50)), "BACK", "")

Will place back bet if time is between 5 minutes and 4mins 50 seconds before race start, the in-play field is blank (cell G1)
There's an additional check on F4 that it's numeric (computers store dates as numbers). When the timer rolls over to minus then the field turns into text and you can get #value error messages appearing which I don't like.
Shergar6

Thanks for that - I added some of yours to mine already and good to know about the countdown. I still need to analyse this as it often goes into negative and missing potential opportunities here but must check the impact

L9 = =IF(AND($F$4<TIMEVALUE("00:05:00"),$F$4>TIMEVALUE("00:00:00")),Summary!$O$1,"")
M9 = =IF(AND(F9<$AH$1,H$1="",G$1=""),J9,"")

Ill test over next day or two anyways to see how it behaves

Return to “Bet Angel - Example spreadsheets”