Using Start Price in a Strategy

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
TomJohnson1981

Hi,

I am new to using the Excel integration with Bet Angel but being fairly proficient with spreadsheets, I have picked it up quickly & it is amazingly useful.

The only issue is that I have a strategy where I use the Start Price (SP) as an indicator as to whether to lay a favourite or not (basically if the SP for the favourite is <1.25 then he is almost certain to win & not worth laying - this is backed up by analysis).

Is there a way of displaying the SP on the excel screen once the market has gone In-Play & it remains there so that I can use it in a IF statement?

The answer to this & any other tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom
gary_carpenter

Tom

Betangel have said that currently you can't get the data through Guardian into a spreadsheet, but I have recently posted a suggestion to if the Projected SP could be included in the data set. If they can do projected SP then actual ought to be doddle. Might be worth adding to my suggestion...

Thanks

G
nimrodel1

Hi Tom, I also have a strategy that entails the use of SP, did you ever get a way of importing it to excel in order to make it automated?
spoilers

I would be very interested to hear if it is possible to have the predicted start price info in excel too.

Please help :-)
Euler

Isn't there a flaw here in that you will only know the SP after the race has started? In a shorter race the break will have determined that the SP will be shorter as fast picture merchants back in the price of the horse that got off to a good start?
mister man

Not into excel, not proficient enough.
But i'm following the auto tool v closely.
Could you not use this with the price condition to get the critertia you need?
spoilers

I am after the excel spread sheet collecting the predicted near and far SP prices.

However, if that is not an option, is there not a way that excel can extract the amount of money currently backed and layed for SP bets. This info is available in the standard betfair price chart, along with all the other amounts matched and unmatched at different prices (ie. The bread and butter info displayed on the usual ladder interface, but which also makes up the bulk of info within the excel spreadsheet).

If anyone can help I would be hugely grateful.

Cheers.
tryingtotrade

Good evening,

there doesn't seem to be a way for Guardian to only load markets that have Start Price available.
Or second best option would be to have a bet placement condition only if SP is available in a market but I wouldnt want to place a 'take SP bet" but just a regular bet if SP is available. Is it possible? Thank you
Anbell

tryingtotrade wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:34 am
Good evening,

there doesn't seem to be a way for Guardian to only load markets that have Start Price available.
Or second best option would be to have a bet placement condition only if SP is available in a market but I wouldnt want to place a 'take SP bet" but just a regular bet if SP is available. Is it possible? Thank you
This came up recently. I havent tested it myself, but if the market has BSP then I think it will also have Projected BSP so you could use that in an SV or other
tryingtotrade

Anbell wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:11 am
tryingtotrade wrote:
Good evening,

This came up recently. I havent tested it myself, but if the market has BSP then I think it will also have Projected BSP so you could use that in an SV or other
Thanks, its possible to have a bet condition to only place a bet if projected SP >1.01 but it doesn’t seem that the markets can be filtered with stored values or have a condition to show only SP markets unfortunately
Anbell

tryingtotrade wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:39 pm
Anbell wrote:
tryingtotrade wrote:
Good evening,

Thanks, its possible to have a bet condition to only place a bet if projected SP >1.01 but it doesn’t seem that the markets can be filtered with stored values or have a condition to show only SP markets unfortunately
Hmm. If projected BSP is > 1.01 then ai think that is the same as saying that the market has BSP enable?
tryingtotrade

Anbell wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:12 am
tryingtotrade wrote:
Anbell wrote:

Hmm. If projected BSP is > 1.01 then ai think that is the same as saying that the market has BSP enable?
Yes, seems to work, but there is no possibility to set a stored value or projected SP filter in the search markets section so would still have to load additional markets into Guardian if i’m not sure. Some Australian Trot/Harness racing don’t have SP on the Place markets for example so you just have to add all of them I guess.
Anbell

tryingtotrade wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:26 pm
Anbell wrote:
tryingtotrade wrote:

Yes, seems to work, but there is no possibility to set a stored value or projected SP filter in the search markets section so would still have to load additional markets into Guardian if i’m not sure. Some Australian Trot/Harness racing don’t have SP on the Place markets for example so you just have to add all of them I guess.
sorry. Yes, you have to load them in first, then filter them out.
Dallas

Anbell wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:37 pm
tryingtotrade wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:26 pm
Anbell wrote:

sorry. Yes, you have to load them in first, then filter them out.
There is a quick and easy way to find and remove all the markets were SP isn't supported once the have been added to Guardian
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=27553

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”