Betdaq volume monitoring thread

The purple place, the most viable alternative to the Betfair exchange
jimrobo

it feels more responsive to me too. Has there been some back end speed improvements??

It feels like it is on par with betfair with responsiveness at last??
Euler

Yes, we asked them to raise limits.
andyfuller

Euler wrote:We drove the change but didn't really consult many people because we didn't want to pre-announce it,
Out of interest why didn't you want to pre-announce it?
Euler

Much harder to get agreement or push through a change by consensus.
andyfuller

Euler wrote:Something is stirring at Betdaq as it's starting to work for me in a decent way on the racing. Will now need to start scaling up to see what it can cope with.

How have you found it today Peter. I have been doing a few races on there and would be keen to hear if your view of it lined up with mine today.
Euler

Busy day today, so I've struggled to keep on top of both exchanges. Positive on Betdaq but not as much as Derby weekend, obviously. I've only had a handful of losing days in the last month.
jimrobo

be interested to hear both opinions!!

I haven't been trading on BD today but have been monitoring the volume which looks to be pretty decent although I have no idea whether that translated to decent trading trading conditions?
andyfuller

I would say it is better than in the past with more money being matched but it is still quite poor. I spent lots of times sat at the very front of the queue not getting matched until the price moved past the point on Betfair.

Quite often I would be offering better odds than you could get on Betfair and still nothing which tells me there aren't many punters using it. I would say the markets are 95% made up of Bots, Traders and Bookmakers in that order.

Away from the Favourite and to a lesser extent the 2nd fav the market is dead imo. Someone (or more) clearly have a bot linked up to Betfair and Betdaq monitoring the prices and mirroring them near enough

I suspect Royal Ascot could be good on there though and would be worth a look, I dread to think what a Monday in the winter would be like though!

They really are not helping themselves though....How long ago was it we were told they would be doing an API overhaul? There is some really basic information missing such as traded amounts and colours.

They haven't been on this forum for even a look in since Fri 8th Feb 2013!!!

The early pro activeness by them seems to have long since gone.

However, if they improved the API I don't think it is far from reaching the tipping point. It would just need a bit more traded volume and it would start attracting others and when that comes we all know that money follows money so things could happen quickly.

But I am just really disappointed in Betdaq themselves. They just don't seem to have the hunger to take customers away from Betfair.
jimrobo

sounds like the same old story.

We are constantly told all of that is in the pipeline but it never appears
andyfuller

Only change I can see in a year and a half is they have got rid of the extra 0.01 difference between 2.0 and 3.0
Euler

I just cleaned up on Betdaq on the 18:25

Betfair hadn't removed a non runner but Betdaq had. Sent the bots mental.
steven1976

Nice one. Seems to be happening a few times these days. Someone mentioned it a couple of weeks ago for a race that at horse was withdrawn and it kept trading throughout the race. It was a similar time so I wonder if the monkey that presses the withdrawal button goes for his dinner around that time.

Andy I'd also agree with your assessment of BD. Makes you wonder if the book across both exchanges are artificial and just taking on short term prices? If the exchanges were not linked you would expect many more arbs than are currently available?
Euler

Betdaq has traded well at Ascot today, much better than Betfair
lord

Would be good if Betdaq did offer a viable alternative and may curb some of Betfair's excesses, but around 10% of volume overnight.

Maybe there will be a serious marketing campaign or there is one planned, but would have thought that the ideal time would have been for the World Cup.
Euler

Don't know if people saw my tweets during Royal Ascot but Betdaq traded very favourably during Ascot.

I know Andy tried, but seemed to get mixed results?!?! But for me its just so much easier to get a fill on Betdaq.

Here is my equity curve re-based to £100 stakes, you can see I'm getting very consistent even before Ascot. Something must be stirring over here for me to be able to do this.
23-06-2014 - Betdaq equity curve.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Betdaq exchange”