The Ashes - August/September 2019

T20, IPL, Test matches or the Ashes, discuss it here.
Emmson

I expected the draw to crash when I slept but not as much as it has.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
firlandsfarm

greenmark wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:46 pm
... I reckon there are Captains (ie managers) and exceptional players. It's a mistake to assume you can have both in the same individual. Too many distractions …"
Very true, it used to be that if there wasn't a player with captaining ability then a good captain was picked for that role who could also bowl or bat a bit. Brearley (winning 17 and losing only 4 out of 31 games as England captain) and Close (6 wins and 1 draw from 7 games as captain) were such captains.
ThePieThrower

Who knows with the weather but if there is some play early batting looks a tough task
Archangel

Good bowling conditions. A lot depends on how many overs they actually get in before rain
Emmson

That was very tricky trading and I'm still far from certain where this game is going.
Emmson

I've exited
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
spreadbetting

Nice result
greenmark

firlandsfarm wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:45 am
greenmark wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:46 pm
... I reckon there are Captains (ie managers) and exceptional players. It's a mistake to assume you can have both in the same individual. Too many distractions …"
Very true, it used to be that if there wasn't a player with captaining ability then a good captain was picked for that role who could also bowl or bat a bit. Brearley (winning 17 and losing only 4 out of 31 games as England captain) and Close (6 wins and 1 draw from 7 games as captain) were such captains.
It's a dilemma isn't it? On the one hand you have an exceptional player that deserves to take the maximum financially while they can. But that process diminishes them. The ECB can't replace the commercial contracts the England captain can get. I guess its the balance between national pride and individual aspirations.
Emmson

For once I agree with Michael Vaughan, all outcomes are alive in this 2nd test and right now market feels efficient.
Berts Certs

Emmson wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:45 pm
For once I agree with Michael Vaughan, all outcomes are alive in this 2nd test and right now market feels efficient.
I agree, it is unusual to not find some value via insane prices in a test market :(
firlandsfarm

I'm a bit surprised when checking the market this evening that England should have come in over the last 4 hours or so and the Draw go out … I assumed they managed to get a few overs in late and Aus had lost a wicket or two but no, nothing. I can't see why the odds should have moved more towards an England win while play is suspended … any thoughts?
Emmson

Got to do a family task for a few hours so need to level up. Which has hastened me into a bad exit
greenmark

Roy is just useless. And so is Root although both balls were nasty.
Emphasises the quality of Smith.
Archangel

More wickets coming it feels

Draw has hit the drift
greenmark

Brilliant from Stokes. He's seeing it like a football. Does this emphasise why Roy's mentality is so wrong. Stay in and then attack when the ball and bowlers are tired.

Return to “Betfair Cricket trading”