Who says trading dogs is a waste of time?

We've gone to the dogs.
jimibt

Halliday wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:54 am
glen10 wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:56 am
i for one have found this thread very entertaining, especially in the latter stages! :lol:
Given the amount of greyhound racing each day,and the opportunities available , if this thread has made people take a look at the markets then that's a positive as Peter says .

I guess this thread brings out what's best and what's bad about this forum. There are many helpful ,incisive,inquiring, inspirational,thought provoking threads/posters that give you that extra push and point you in the right direction .

Then there are the Walter Mitty attention seekers, who unfortunately often come across as being genuine, but are deceiving themselves and others .

I think everyone knows my views on posting P/L and the Walter Mittys of this world ( made my views clear on the SHR Trading thread)

Unfortunately " Memphis " despite some thought provoking posts and knowledge comes into this category( confirmed in no uncertain terms to me by someone who has "knowledge of him ). Let's wish him well with a certain amount of sorrow, and hope he gets over his delusions

It would be great to trust and take everything at face value, but alas we can't

I enjoy reading the posts on here and some have been a great help to me , my advice is pick out the best bits, but ultimately do your own thing, choose a sport you have an interest in .. and enjoy what you do.
in flagging up the *orange is the new blue* issue, i can honestly say that i was not trying to start off a huge debacle. however, it definitely has exposed (for better or worse) that there are a number of posters that purport to be doing rather well, when in fact there's not a lot going on. this boils down to our basic human instincts which rally around survival theory. in projecting an image of success, you talk yourself up and ultimately believe in yourself. the jury is out as to whether this is harmless or destructive. where it gets dangerous tho is when you hoodwink the very audience that you are trying to *impress*.

anyway, from this car crash there is a silver lining (or is that a silver shadow if it were a roller :D); we've all identified that the greys might be a suitable territory for testing out low risk strategies.
maycontainnuts

The most ironic thing about this thread is cybernet being outed again for faking his own results while accusing somebody of faking theirs.

Don't think it does any good picking apart people on the forum, people should be highlighting complete frauds like Tony Hargraves.
Euler

I'm thinking maybe it's time to start a new thread so we can actually talk about greyhound racing?

I wanted to reply to a comment last night, but I've lost it in the melee.
HRacing

Keep your eye on that jimibt, seems a troublemaker to me :lol: fully agree with the post and hopefully the greyhound markets continue to pick up :!:
jimibt

Euler wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:23 am
I'm thinking maybe it's time to start a new thread so we can actually talk about greyhound racing?

it's weird, i actually have feelings of depression when i open and load up greyhound markets... don't know why it is, just feels empty and soul-less. that said, there's enough races per day to potentially make reasonable returns on, IF the core 5-6 repeating market scenarios can be identified inside the 90-120 second window of opportunity.
jimibt

HRacing wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:26 am
Keep your eye on that jimibt, seems a troublemaker to me :lol: fully agree with the post and hopefully the greyhound markets continue to pick up :!:
yes, i've been told he has a dark side. i blame it on jk rowling for having read those BOOKS to all my kids over the years... flipendo
Halliday

Euler wrote:

Agreed . Get that "Opportunitues in Greyhound Markets " thread started Peter, and consign this thread to the bin !!
Euler

jimibt wrote:
it's weird, i actually have feelings of depression when i open and load up greyhound markets... don't know why it is, just feels empty and soul-less. that said, there's enough races per day to potentially make reasonable returns on, IF the core 5-6 repeating market scenarios can be identified inside the 90-120 second window of opportunity.
Just think of those cute little things belting around that oval at 40mph and their owner's joy at having found the next 'Mick the miller'
jimibt

Halliday wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:35 am
Euler wrote:

Agreed . Get that "Opportunitues in Greyhound Markets " thread started Peter, and consign this thread to the bin !!
+1 - you'll get no trouble from me on that :D
Halliday

Euler wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:35 am
jimibt wrote:
Just think of those cute little things belting around that oval at 40mph and their owner's joy at having found the next 'Mick the miller'
I wish everyone thought of them as "cute little things" unfortunately like a lot of sports we enjoy it has a "dark side " Horse racing in this country seems to be getting its act together in terms of horse welfare and retraining retired horses .. Greyhound racing has still a long way to go... leaving aside what happens to the dogs that never make it to the track .. thousands of dogs leave the sport every year through injury, old age , and just not being good enough. And a lot of them just "vanish " there are some horrendous stories .

Food for thought when we're sat at our screens
jimibt

goodbye Orange, hello Blue ;)
HRacing

jimibt wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:28 am
HRacing wrote:
yes, i've been told he has a dark side. i blame it on jk rowling for having read those BOOKS to all my kids over the years... flipendo
:lol: ... +1 to a new thread aswell, scrap this rubbish
jimibt

one for the road -fantastic trade i just did on the greys
one for the road.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
spreadbetting

Euler wrote:

Probably be a good idea as it'd give an idea of what can be achieved rather than the unrealistic win rates people have been posting in test mode.

Ironically it was the other Walter Mitty dog thread that got me back botting the dogs as I felt inadequate seeing the constant winning markets with very few, if any, losses. Same as this thread he eventually slipped up and someone spotted it was faked but by then I'd already been running the bots for weeks so carried on.
jimibt

lol -and another:
another one for the road.JPG
ok, i'm done here. the point is, a bit of thought can grab some decent BLUES from the greys...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”